* Re: Does ConTeXt really support russian language?
@ 2008-12-25  9:01 Andrey Riabushenko
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Andrey Riabushenko @ 2008-12-25  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

So far I have tried using pdfetex:

Sample 1:
\enableregime[utf]
\usemodule[lang-cyr]

\mainlanguage[ru]

\usetypescript[postscript][t2a]
\setupbodyfont[postscript, 12pt]

This one doesn't work on any of three systems described earlier. Latin
transliteration instead of Cyrillic letters.

Sample 2:

\enableregime[utf]
\mainlanguage[ru]

\usetypescript[antykwa-torunska][t2a]
\setupbodyfont[antykwa, 12pt]

Works on ConTeXt Minimals, but does not work on TeX Live 2008 and teTeX 3.0.
Latin transliteration instead of Cyrillic letters.

Sample 3:
\enableregime[utf]
\mainlanguage[ru]
\definetypeface [russian] [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default]
[encoding=t2a]
\setupbodyfont [russian]

This one doesn't work on any of three systems described earlier. Latin
transliteration instead of Cyrillic letters.

In there a solution that will work on every of three distributions?

* Does ConTeXt really support russian language?
@ 2008-12-24 15:34 Andrey Riabushenko
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Andrey Riabushenko @ 2008-12-24 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I have spend three days trying to make ConTeXt show Cyrillic letters with zero
success.
I have tried to follow  http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Russian precisely still
I see only latin transliteration instead of Cyrillic letters.
The funny thing that http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Vietnamese gives absolutely
different set of commands for internationalization. I have tried them as well
with no luck.

I have tried about 10 variants that I have found on wiki.contextgarden.net and
ntg-context@ntg.nl maillist NONE of them produce russian letters just latin
transliteration and empty text.

I have tried so far:
Fresh install of TeX Live 2008 on Windows XP
Fresh install of TeTeX 3 on FreeBSD 7
Fresh install of Latest Context Minimals on FreeBSD 7 (installed on
22-12-2008)

LaTeX, from the same installations of TeXlive 2008 and teTeX,  works out box,
just as simple as:
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T2A]{fontenc}

Does any can give me a working example of cyrillic text in conTeXt?