* Mathdesign
@ 2009-10-14  0:16 Andreas Noack Jensen
From: Andreas Noack Jensen @ 2009-10-14  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi ConTeXters

I have just started my migration from LaTeX towards ConTeXt. So first of all
thank you for the contributions. Four whole days and a lot of evenings have
been invested in my migration project so far but now things also begin to
move. But I really miss one thing from LaTeX. Mathdesign with URW Garamond
is in my opinion the prettiest solution at all. So far I have managed to
import the text font by the guidance from the wiki, but there doesn¹t seem
be any implementation/translation of the mathpart. I know that the TeX world
font-handling is developing and I have used XeTeX for non-math work for a
while. Some of the work, I understand, includes OpenType Math and therefore
it might be reactionary to wish for a translation, but has anyone thought
about one anyway?

Best

Andreas Noack Jensen
Ph.d.-stipendiat
Økonomisk Institut, Københavns Universistet

* Re: Mathdesign
@ 2009-10-14  7:36 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-10-14  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 2:16 AM, Andreas Noack Jensen
<andreas.noack.jensen@econ.ku.dk> wrote:
> Hi ConTeXters
>
> I have just started my migration from LaTeX towards ConTeXt. So first of all
> thank you for the contributions. Four whole days and a lot of evenings have
> been invested in my migration project so far but now things also begin to
> move. But I really miss one thing from LaTeX. Mathdesign with URW Garamond
> is in my opinion the prettiest solution at all. So far I have managed to
> import the text font by the guidance from the wiki, but there doesn¹t seem
> be any implementation/translation of the mathpart. I know that the TeX world
> font-handling is developing and I have used XeTeX for non-math work for a
> while. Some of the work, I understand, includes OpenType Math and therefore
> it might be reactionary to wish for a translation, but has anyone thought
> about one anyway?
I (still) don't understand much of math stuffs.
Anyway , have you seen mk.pdf ?

--
luigi

* Re: Mathdesign
@ 2009-10-14 11:29 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-10-14 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 14.10.2009 um 02:16 schrieb Andreas Noack Jensen:

> Hi ConTeXters
>
> I have just started my migration from LaTeX towards ConTeXt. So
> first of all
> thank you for the contributions. Four whole days and a lot of
> evenings have
> been invested in my migration project so far but now things also
> begin to
> move. But I really miss one thing from LaTeX. Mathdesign with URW
> Garamond
> is in my opinion the prettiest solution at all.

There is basic support for the mathdesign fonts but only in MkIV.

Wolfgang