* Luatex beta 0.31 update warning
       [not found] ` <493E4BCB.4000007@elvenkind.com>
@ 2008-12-09 11:39   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-12-09 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Quick warning from me: if you update from the minimals this week,
be prepared for some potential problems with opentype fonts in
luatex. Because of the update of the embedded fontforge, there are
some differences in the font table format that Hans and I have yet
to sort out.

While that will not take long, it will still mean the beginning
of next week at the earliest (because Hans is teaching in Brno).

Best wishes,
Taco

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just uploaded luatex 0.31.1, hopefully fixing a bunch
> of compilation errors on various platforms, but with no other
> visible changes.

* Re: Luatex beta 0.31 update warning
@ 2008-12-09 11:49     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-12-09 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Quick warning from me: if you update from the minimals this week,
> be prepared for some potential problems with opentype fonts in
> luatex. Because of the update of the embedded fontforge, there are
> some differences in the font table format that Hans and I have yet
> to sort out.
>
> While that will not take long, it will still mean the beginning
> of next week at the earliest (because Hans is teaching in Brno).

we just found that out here! can we use the old binary for a while?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-12-09 11:54     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-12-09 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Quick warning from me: if you update from the minimals this week,
> be prepared for some potential problems with opentype fonts in
> luatex. Because of the update of the embedded fontforge, there are
> some differences in the font table format that Hans and I have yet
> to sort out.

No problem. LuaTeX did not compile on most platforms anyway, so it
couldn't have affected too many people :) :) :)
(We only have the linux & freebsd binary there; in case of serious
problems it's no problem to revert back to the old version of LuaTeX
for those two platforms as well.)

Mojca

* Re: [dev-context] Luatex beta 0.31 update warning
@ 2008-12-09 12:01       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-12-09 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mojca Miklavec

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> No problem. LuaTeX did not compile on most platforms anyway, so it
> couldn't have affected too many people :) :) :)
> (We only have the linux & freebsd binary there; in case of serious
> problems it's no problem to revert back to the old version of LuaTeX
> for those two platforms as well.)

ok, just rollback then till we can do a synced mkiv/luatex update

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-12-09 12:27       ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-12-09 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Quick warning from me: if you update from the minimals this week,
>> be prepared for some potential problems with opentype fonts in
>> luatex. Because of the update of the embedded fontforge, there are
>> some differences in the font table format that Hans and I have yet
>> to sort out.
>
> No problem. LuaTeX did not compile on most platforms anyway, so it
> couldn't have affected too many people :) :) :)
> (We only have the linux & freebsd binary there; in case of serious
> problems it's no problem to revert back to the old version of LuaTeX
> for those two platforms as well.)

and in fact my old documents compiled fine here^_^