* beta again
@ 2009-03-03  9:58 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-03-03  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

- the problem with creating formats is related to changes in texexec
(and other rb modules) that rely on ruby 1.8 and had to be adapted to
1.9; because incompatibilities in library calls are nicely catched
(begin .. rescue ... end) we never see problems unless we explicitly
issue an error message or warning which in most cases is more bound to
the expected behaviour than to the method missing ... as such, i would
not be surprised if more problems show up, but on the other hand, in the
end only texexec remains as ruby script

- the problem with hz/protruding was due to a typo in one of the lua
scripts but even then, the posted example would now show the effects as
one has to explicitly turn it on:

\setupalign[hz,hanging]

i'll upload a new beta

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: beta again
@ 2009-03-03 10:05 ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2009-03-03 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Hans:

Thanks for the quick fix!
I will try the latest beta once it appears on minimals repository.

Yue Wang

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> - the problem with creating formats is related to changes in texexec (and
> other rb modules) that rely on ruby 1.8 and had to be adapted to 1.9;
> because incompatibilities in library calls are nicely catched (begin ..
> rescue ... end) we never see problems unless we explicitly issue an error
> message or warning which in most cases is more bound to the expected
> behaviour than to the method missing ... as such, i would not be surprised
> if more problems show up, but on the other hand, in the end only texexec
> remains as ruby script
>
> - the problem with hz/protruding was due to a typo in one of the lua scripts
> but even then, the posted example would now show the effects as one has to
> explicitly turn it on:
>
> \setupalign[hz,hanging]
>
> i'll upload a new beta
>
> Hans

>                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
>              Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>     tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: beta again
@ 2009-03-03 11:04   ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2009-03-03 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's working fine now, thanks a lot, Hans!