From: Yue Wang <yuleopen@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Font switching question
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 22:38:12 +0800	[thread overview]

Hi Hans:

let me give a better explanation.

we define a typescript foobar. so we can call  \foobar to load the
foobar typeface.
then we should define a macro like this:
\def\switchtofoobar{\savecurrentstyle\foobar\getcurrentstyle}
and call it like that:

text 1 {\swichtofoobar text2} text 3
when \savecurrentstyle is called, it define a macro named
\getcurrentstyle in order to save the style of text 1 (like \ss\it,
10pt) into that. that's all we want.

So it's not complicated to do so as font fallback.
(we already done that in latex, but don't know how to do that in
ConTeXt due to lack of knowledge of font mechanism)

Yue Wang