Hi, Hans and Jin-Hwan: Here is a simple ConTeXt metafun demo file: \starttext \setupcolors[state=start] \startMPpage path p ; color c[] ; p := fullsquare scaled 4cm ; c[0] := transparent(1,.5,red) ; c[1] := transparent(1,.5,green) ; c[2] := transparent(1,.5,blue) ; for i = 0 upto 2 : fill p rotated (i*30) withcolor white ; endfor ; for i = 0 upto 2 : fill p rotated (i*30) withcolor c[i] ; endfor ; addbackground withcolor transparent(1,.5,cmyk(0,0,1,0)) ; \stopMPpage \stoptext When process the file using luatex or pdftex, we can see a nice picture there. However, when 1) using pdftex to produce the dvi, and convert the dvi using dvipdfmx 2) using xetex to produce the pdf using xdvipdfmx the figure is placed at the wrong place. there will be a displacement for all the metapost figures when xetex is used to produce the graphics. I attach the wrong result in the mail. So my question is : - is this a bug in ConTeXt, or in (x)dvipdfmx. can the bug be fixed? Thanks Yue Wang