* enco-xtx.tex is still wrong
@ 2009-05-12  8:27 Yue Wang
       [not found] ` <6faad9f00905120147o5148a20ej1c81fc84bb27c6f8@mail.gmail.com>
From: Yue Wang @ 2009-05-12  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Hans,

The enco-xtx.tex defination is still wrong...
it behaves very differently compared to unicode-letters.tex

Yue Wang

* Re: enco-xtx.tex is still wrong
@ 2009-05-12  9:23 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found] ` <6faad9f00905120147o5148a20ej1c81fc84bb27c6f8@mail.gmail.com>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-12  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yue Wang wrote:
> Hi, Hans,
>

> The enco-xtx.tex defination is still wrong...
> it behaves very differently compared to unicode-letters.tex

well, it's not supposed to do the same (and we're not going to be latex
compatible anyway)

as we now need mpore 'tables' i've reorganized the xetex code (will also
  do that with fonts) a bit

- there is now xetx-ini which implements a few helpers as well as a
subsystem for dealing with these classes (example at the end of that file)

- a couple of classes are defined in xetx-cls and they have symbolic
names (and can be grouped into namespaces analogue to other context
mechanisms)

- lc etc codes are set in xetx-utf and symbolic names for characters are
set in xetx-chr

- as specific usage of those char classes is very dependent on
interfacing as well, it is up to modules to implement associated
behaviour and there will be no hard coded defaults in the core (at least
not in the short term)

- as xetex is too slow on my machine (persistens caching of fonts
problem) i cannot test too much

So, if more is needed we can provide more but we do it the context way -)

i uploaded a beta to the website so that mojca can test it in the minimals

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

       [not found]     ` <4A0940EA.6060407@wxs.nl>
@ 2009-05-12 13:19       ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2009-05-12 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>>
>>> wrong:
>>>   f:write(format("\\XeTeXcharclass\"%04X
>>> \\XeTeXcharclass%s\n",i,upper(lbc)))
>>> better:
>>>   f:write(format("\\XeTeXcharclass\"%04X
>>> \\XeTeXcharclass%s\n",code,upper(lbc)))
>>>
>>> But I didn't test anything at all.
>
> ok, i'll fix that

Hi

The current version is still not right.
in unicode-letters.tex, three ranges are defined to id:

\ID 3400 4DB5
\ID 4E00 9FC3
\ID 20000 2A6D6

So in fact all the codes from 3400-4DB5, 4E00-9FC3, 20000-2A6D6 are
assigned to \ID.

these ranges are missing in xetx-cls.tex:

\setXTXcharacterclass "3400 lb:id
\setXTXcharacterclass "4DB5 lb:id
\setXTXcharacterclass "4E00 lb:id
\setXTXcharacterclass "9FBB lb:id
\setXTXcharacterclass "20000 lb:id
\setXTXcharacterclass "2A6D6 lb:id

so in xetx.cls, the boundaries are roughly there, but all the numbers
in the range are missing.

Yue Wang