* Re: Call for papers...
       [not found] <16826CAD-526A-4908-8188-6F3191CEED39@boede.nl>
@ 2009-12-15 12:05 ` Martin Schröder
From: Martin Schröder @ 2009-12-15 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/12/14 Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl>:
> The goal of this issue is to present ideas on the use of LaTeX tools
> for education, teaching, and classroom purposes.  We are looking for
> articles that can discuss the development of the tools, and their use and
> effectiveness.  Actual examples and LaTeX sources are encouraged.

Do you propose to flood the issue with articles on ConTeXt? :-)

Best
    Martin

* Re: Call for papers (pracjourn & mkiv)
@ 2009-12-15 13:15   ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2009-12-15 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tuesday 15 December 2009 13:05:48 Martin Schröder wrote:

> Do you propose to flood the issue with articles on ConTeXt? :-)

There is a problem with the module pracjourn;
compiles fine under mkii, fails under mkiv.

Minimal example:

\usemodule[pracjourn]

\setvariables
  [pracjourn]
  [
     title=My \PRACTEX\ article,
     author=Your Name,
     address={Your Address\\ Can be multiline},
     revision={d=1,m=11,y=2006}, % The editors ask you to update
                                 % this for each revision submitted
     copyright= , % May be used if you want a
                % copyright notice at the bottom right of the first page
  ]

\useURL [email]   [mailto:your-email-address] []  [your-email-address]
\useURL [website] [your website]

% address, revision, copyright, email and website are optional and can be
omitted.

\startbuffer[abstract]
Your Abstract
\stopbuffer

\starttext \setups{title}

% Article Text

\stoptext

* Re: Call for papers (pracjourn & mkiv)
@ 2009-12-15 13:25     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-12-15 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Alan BRASLAU wrote:

> On Tuesday 15 December 2009 13:05:48 Martin Schröder wrote:
>>
>> Do you propose to flood the issue with articles on ConTeXt? :-)
>>

> There is a problem with the module pracjourn;
> compiles fine under mkii, fails under mkiv.
>
> Minimal example:
>
> \usemodule[pracjourn]
>
> \setvariables
>  [pracjourn]
>  [
>     title=My \PRACTEX\ article,
>     author=Your Name,
>     address={Your Address\\ Can be multiline},
>     revision={d=1,m=11,y=2006}, % The editors ask you to update
>                                 % this for each revision submitted
>     copyright= , % May be used if you want a
>                % copyright notice at the bottom right of the first page
>  ]
>
> \useURL [email]   [mailto:your-email-address] []  [your-email-address]
> \useURL [website] [your website]
>
> % address, revision, copyright, email and website are optional and can be
> omitted.
>
> \startbuffer[abstract]
> Your Abstract
> \stopbuffer
>
> \starttext \setups{title}

   Add some actual text here

> \stoptext

Email and Website do not work. But other than that, the document compiles
fine.

I will update the module so that email and website work with mkiv.

Aditya

* Re: Call for papers (pracjourn & mkiv)
@ 2009-12-15 16:16       ` Aditya Mahajan
                           ` (2 more replies)
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-12-15 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> I will update the module so that email and website work with mkiv.

Attached is a corrected version.

Hans, can something like \doifdefinedurl be added to the core? I am
currently using

%D We need a macro to check if a url is defined using \type{\useURL} or not.

\def\doifdefinedurl#1{\doifdefined{\v!file:::#1}}

%D \MKIV\ uses a different internal structure to store urls, so we use a
%D different method.
\startmode[*mkiv]
\startluacode
   ptj = ptj or {}
   function ptj.doifdefinedurl(name, action)
     if jobreferences.urls.data[name] and name ~= "" then
       tex.sprint(tex.ctxcatcodes, action)
     end
   end
\stopluacode

\def\doifdefinedurl#1#2{\ctxlua{ptj.doifdefinedurl("#1", \!!bs\detokenize{#2}\!!es)}}

\stopmode

Bookmarks are not working, but that seems to be a bug in current MKIV.
Minimal example

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\placebookmarks[section,subsection][section]

\starttext
\section{One}
\input tufte
\subsection{two}
\input knuth
\stoptext

In MkIV I do not get any bookmarks.

Aditya

[-- Attachment #2: Type: TEXT/x-tex; name=s-ptj-01.tex, Size: 14468 bytes --]

%D \module
%D   [      file=s-ptj-01,
%D        version=2009.12.15
%D          title=\CONTEXT\ Style File,
%D       subtitle=PracTeX Journal Style,
%D         author=Aditya Mahajan,
%D          email=adityam at umich dot edu,
%D           date=\currentdate,
%D      copyright=2009 Aditya Mahajan]
%C
%C This module is part of the \CONTEXT\ macro||package and is
%C therefore copyrighted by \PRAGMA. See mreadme.pdf for
%C details.

%M % These macros are needed to compile the documentation.
%M \def\PracTeX{Prac\kern-0.07em\TeX}
%M \def\PRACTEX{\PracTeX}
%M \def\TPJ    {The \PRACTEX\ Journal}
%M \useurl[TPJ][http://www.tug.org/pracjourn/][][\TPJ]
%M \useurl[texgyre][http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre/]

\writestatus  {loading}   {Context Module for the PracTeX Journal}

%D This module is for producing acticles for \from[TPJ]. It merely copies the
%D layout of the the \LATEX\ class \filename{pracjourn.cls} available from
%D \TPJ\ website (\url[TPJ]).  This module has a filename synonym
%D \filename{pracjourn}. So to use this module, you can write:
%D \starttyping
%D \usemodule[pracjourn]
%D \stoptyping
%D A sample document is given at the end of this file. The typeset sample can
%D be obtained by
%D \starttyping
%D texmfstart texexec --mode=demo s-ptj-01.tex
%D \stoptyping
%D The documentation is written as comments. If you want to see a \PDF\ copy
%D \starttyping
%D texmfstart texexec --module s-ptj-01.tex
%D \stoptyping

\startmodule[pracjourn]

\unprotect

%D First let's setup the paper size and layout for \TPJ. I am actually not
%D sure about the \quote{official} layout requirement for \TPJ\ and have
%D reverse engineered the layout from the typeset \LATEX\ examples. If you
%D feel that anything is wrong here, please let me know.

\setuppapersize
  [letter][letter]

\setuplayout
  [              width=middle,
                height=middle,
              location=middle,
              topspace=1.25in,
           bottomspace=1in,
             backspace=1in,
              cutspace=1in,
            leftmargin=0.25in,
           rightmargin=0.25in,
    leftmargindistance=0in,
   rightmargindistance=0in,
                header=1in,
                footer=.5in,
         headerdistace=0in,
        footerdistance=.25in,
  ]

%D Next we do the font setup. \TPJ\ uses mathpazo for roman and math faces and
%D uses latin modern for sans serif and monotype. For the main face, 12pt is
%D used with a 15.5pt baseline skip. Font protrusion is enabled, but font
%D expansion is not. We follow these conventions. \CONTEXT\ uses Pagella fonts
%D from \TEX{gyre} project, so we use them instead.

\usetypescript  [serif,sans,mono] [hanging] [pure]
\setupalign     [hanging]
\usetypescript  [palatino][encoding=texnansi]
\setupbodyfont  [palatino,12pt]

\definefont [titlefont]  [Regular at 20pt]
\definefont [authorfont] [Regular at 14pt]

\setupbodyfontenvironment
  [12pt]
  [interlinespace=15.5pt,em=italic]

\setupbodyfontenvironment
  [11pt]
  [interlinespace=13.6pt,em=italic]

%D The variables for the article are stored in the \mono{pracjourn} namespace.
%D To initialize these variables use
%D \starttyping
%D \setvariables
%D  [pracjourn]
%D  [    title=Tile of the Article,
%D      author=Name of Author,
%D     address=Write your Address,
%D    revision={d=14,m=11,y=2006},
%D   copyright=Whatever you want,
%D  ]
%D \stoptyping
%D \mono{title} and \mono{author} should always be entered (even though this
%D module does not make them mandatory, it makes little sense to have an
%D article without a title or author. Other variables are optional. If a
%D revision is not written, current date will be used to show the revision.
%D Other variables for the article are the author's email address and website
%D url. Due to catcode problems, it is not always possible to reliably enter
%D these using the variable mechanism. To enter these use \type|\useURL|
%D \starttyping
%D \useURL[email][mailto:address@whatever.com][][address@whatever.com]
%D \useURL[website][link to your homepage]
%D \stoptyping
%D If either of these \URL's are not present, they will be silently ignored
%D while generating the title.

\setvariables [pracjourn] [    title=]
\setvariables [pracjourn] [   author=]
\setvariables [pracjourn] [  address=]
\setvariables [pracjourn] [copyright=]
\setvariables [pracjourn] [ revision=]

%D We need a macro to check if a url is defined using \type{\useURL} or not.

\def\doifdefinedurl#1{\doifdefined{\v!file:::#1}}

%D \MKIV\ uses a different internal structure to store urls, so we use a
%D different method.
\startmode[*mkiv]
\startluacode
  ptj = ptj or {}
  function ptj.doifdefinedurl(name, action)
    if jobreferences.urls.data[name] and name ~= "" then
      tex.sprint(tex.ctxcatcodes, action)
    end
  end
\stopluacode

\def\doifdefinedurl#1#2{\ctxlua{ptj.doifdefinedurl("#1", \!!bs\detokenize{#2}\!!es)}}

\stopmode

%D We use the buffer \filename{abstract} for the abstract. So to enter the
%D abstract, write
%D \starttyping
%D \startbuffer[abstract]
%D Write your abstract
%D \stopbuffer
%D \stoptyping
%D Right now, there is no mechanism to inhibt abstracts. In case someone
%D requires it, such a mechanism is easy to implement.

\startbuffer[abstract]
\stopbuffer

%D The actual title with the additional information is typset by calling
%D \starttyping
%D \setups{title}
%D \stoptyping
%D Remember that the \type|\setvariables[pracjourn][...]| step must be done
%D before \type|\setups{title}|.

\setuphead
  [title]
  [style=\titlefont,
   after={\blank[big]}]

%D Next we define internal frames to take care of the layout of the extra
%D material in the title. These start with \type|do...| to prevent clash with
%D user macros. (I do not like writing @ in macro names).

\defineframed
  [doinfotitle]
  [   frame=off,
      strut=yes,
      width=0.1\textwidth,
     height=fit,
      align=left,
   location=hanging,
  ]

\defineframed
  [doinfodetails]
  [   frame=off,
      strut=yes,
      width=0.85\textwidth,
     height=fit,
      align=normal,
   location=hanging,
  ]

\newif\iftitleskipdone

\def\doadditionalinfo#1#2
  {\titleskipdonetrue
    \hbox to \textwidth
   \bgroup
    \hfill \doinfotitle{#1}
    \hfill \doinfodetails{#2}
   \egroup\endgraf}

%D Now we take care of the actual layout of the title. Most of this is
%D heuristic, as I was trying to get the same visual effect as the
%D \filename{pracjourn.cls} class. If something does not match, please let me
%D know. The additional information is typeset as
%D \starttyping
%D \hfill <box of .1\textwidth> \hfill <box of .85\textwidth>
%D \stoptyping
%D at 11pt size. We also add the title and author information in the \PDF\
%D metadata.

\startrawsetups [title]
% Place the tile and the author
  \title{\getvariable{pracjourn}{title}}
  \blank[medium]
  \bgroup\authorfont\setupinterlinespace
  \getvariable{pracjourn}{author} \endgraf\egroup
  \blank[2*big]
% Place the additional information
  \bgroup\switchtobodyfont[11pt]
  \setupindenting[no]
  \doifdefinedurl{email}
    {\doadditionalinfo{Email}{\tttf\from[email]\relax}}
  \doifdefinedurl{website}
    {\doadditionalinfo{Website}{\from[website]\relax}}
  \doifsomething{\getvariable{pracjourn}{address}}
    {\doadditionalinfo{Address}{\getvariable{pracjourn}{address}}}
  \iftitleskipdone  \blank[big] \fi
  \doadditionalinfo{Abstract}%
    {\setupindenting[yes]%
     \setupinterlinespace%
     \getbuffer[abstract]
     \endgraf}
  \egroup
  \blank[big]
% If revision number is present, write it to \filename{_rev.tex}
% FIXME: Do we need to ensure that the dates and month are two digits?
  \doifsomething{\getvariable{pracjourn}{revision}}
  {\expanded{\setvariables[pracjourn:date][y=,m=,d=,\getvariable{pracjourn}{revision}]}
   \immediate\openout \scratchwrite _rev.tex
   \immediate\write   \scratchwrite
   {\getvariable{pracjourn:date}{y}/\getvariable{pracjourn:date}{m}/\getvariable{pracjourn:date}{d}}
   \immediate\closeout\scratchwrite}
% Add information to pdfmetadata
  \setupinteraction
    [title={\getvariable{pracjourn}{title}},
    author={\getvariable{pracjourn}{author}},
    subtitle={The PracTeX Journal Article}]
\stoprawsetups

%D Next we setup the header and footer for the first page. \TPJ\ formats the
%D header as
%D \startlines
%D The PracTeX Journal, year, No. number
%D Article revision year/mm/dd
%D \stoplines
%D If a copyright notice is present, it is printed right aligned on the bottom
%D of first page. Otherwise the footer on the first page is empty.

\startlocalsetups [titleheader]
  \framed[frame=off,width=\textwidth,align=normal,location=low]
  {\small\setupinterlinespace
   \doifelsenothing{\TPJissue}{For submission to \TPJ}{\TPJissue}\endgraf
   \doifelsenothing{\getvariable{pracjourn}{revision}}
   {Draft of \currentdate[year,/,mm,/,dd]}
   {Article revision\space
     \expanded{\date[\getvariable{pracjourn}{revision}][year,/,mm,/,dd]}}
    \endgraf}
\stoplocalsetups

\startlocalsetups [titlefooter]
  \framed[frame=off,width=\textwidth,align=flushright,location=low]
  {\small\setupinterlinespace
  \getvariable{pracjourn}{copyright}\endgraf}
\stoplocalsetups

\definetext [titleheader] [header]  [\setups{titleheader}][]
\definetext [titlefooter] [footer]  [\setups{titlefooter}]
\setuphead  [title]       [header=titleheader,footer=titlefooter]

%D For rest of the pages, page number is printed on the middle of the footer.

\setuppagenumbering [location={footer,middle}, style=mediaeval]

%D Next we setup the formating for the sections.  \TPJ\ wants font sizes of
%D 17pt, 14pt, and 12pt respectively for section, subsection, and
%D subsubsection. By default, \tex{tfa} is 1.2, \tex{tfb} is 1.4, so the sizes
%D come out close to what is required. The section number is typset in
%D oldstyle fonts.

\setuphead
  [section,subject]
  [      style=\tfb,
   numberstyle=mediaeval,
        before={\blank[2*big]},
         after={\blank[big]},
  ]

\setuphead
  [subsection,subsubject]
  [      style=\tfa,
   numberstyle=mediaeval,
        before={\blank[big]},
         after={\blank[medium]},
  ]

\setuphead
  [subsubsection,subsubsubject]
  [      style=\tf,
   numberstyle=mediaeval,
        before={\blank[medium]},
         after={\blank},
  ]

%D Now we setup the captions. The captions head are set in normal font, and
%D the caption number is set in oldstlyle.

\setupcaptions  [headstyle=normal,stopper=:,conversion=mediaeval]

%D Footnotes are placed in a box with a width of 1.5em. The footnote numeral
%D are set in oldstyle font.

\setupnote
  [footnote]
  [margindistance=0em,
       conversion=mediaeval,
          command=\pracjournfootnote,
  ]

\setupnotedefinition  [footnote]  [location=left,hang=1]

\def\pracjournfootnote#1{\hbox to 1.5em{#1.}}

%D \TPJ\ uses dash as the first level of itemize and text period as the second
%D level. The third level is left unspecified.

\definesymbol [1]     [{\symbol[dash]}]
\definesymbol [2]     [\periodcentered]

\setupitemize [each]  [packed]
\setupitemize [1]     [packed,autointro]  [margin=1em]

%D We change \type|\type| so that the argument inside \type|\type| is pretty
%D printed using \TEX's patterns. Another command \type|\normaltype| can be
%D used if you do not want the original \type|\type|.

\setuptype    [option=TEX]
\definetype   [normaltype]  [option=none]

%D We enable colors, interaction and bookmarks.

\setupinteraction [state=start,color=darkred,style=normal]
\setupurl         [color=darkred]
\setupcolors      [state=start]
\placebookmarks   [section,subsection]  [section]

%D We setup medium indenting, whitespace and blanks.

\setupindenting   [medium,yes]
\setupwhitespace  [medium]
\setupblank       [medium]

%D We define logos for \PRACTEX\ and \TPJ. These definitions are copied from
%D \filename{pracjourn.cls} and can be accessed by \type|\PracTeX|,
%D \type|\PRACTEX| and \type|\TPJ|.

\def\PracTeX{Prac\kern-0.07em\TeX}
\def\PRACTEX{\PracTeX}
\def\TPJ    {The \PRACTEX\ Journal}

%D \filename{pracjourn.cls} provides two macros \type|\ctanfile| and
%D \type|\ctanloc|. I am not sure what is the advantage of these macors. If
%D you want to use these macros, you can use the \type|\useURL| mechanism of
%D \CONTEXT. For example
%D \starttyping
%D \useURL[pracjourn][http://ctan.org/get?fn=/macros/contrib/latex/pracjourn][][\mono{CTAN:macros/contrib/latex/pracjourn}]
%D The \LATEX\ style files for \TPJ\ is localed at \from[pracjourn]
%D \stoptyping

%D For the final version of the paper, the string \quotation{The PracTeX
%D Journal year, No x} is written on the header. This only happens when the
%D current directory contains a file \filename{_iss.tex} which contains string
%D like \quotation{TPJ 2006 No 04, 2006-11-15}. This step is usually taken in
%D the final production of the article. If this file is absent, \quotation{For
%D submission to the PracTeX Journal} is written instead. The next macros are
%D used to parse this file.

\let\TPJissue\empty

\def\parse@iss TPJ #1 No #2, #3-#4-#5\@nil%
  {\!!counta#2\relax
  \edef\TPJissue{\TPJ, #1, No.\,\the\!!counta}}

%D Read the \filename{_iss.tex} file, if present to determine the current
%D issue.

\immediate\openin\scratchread _iss.tex
\ifeof\scratchread\else
  \read \scratchread to \!!stringa
  \expandafter\parse@iss\!!stringa\@nil
\fi
\immediate\closein\scratchread

\protect

\stopmodule

\doifnotmode{demo}{\endinput}

\usemodule[pracjourn]

\setvariables
  [pracjourn]
  [    title=\PRACTEX\ Article in \CONTEXT,
      author=Aditya Mahajan,
     address={Ann Arbor,\\ Michigan, USA.},
    revision={y=2006,m=11,d=14},
   copyright={Copyright \copyright\ 2006 Aditya Mahajan.}
  ]

\useURL[website][http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam]
\useURL[email][mailto:adityam@umich.edu][][adityam@umich.edu]

%D If any of the above information is not provided, the corresponding entry
%D will not apprear in the title.

\startbuffer[abstract]
Write abstract here
\stopbuffer

\starttext  \setups[title]

\section{Introduction}

Write your article \unknown

\stoptext

\endinput

* Re: Call for papers (pracjourn & mkiv)
@ 2009-12-15 17:46         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-12-15 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> \setupinteraction[state=start]
> \placebookmarks[section,subsection][section]
>
> \starttext
> \section{One}
> \input tufte
> \subsection{two}
> \input knuth
> \stoptext
>
> In MkIV I do not get any bookmarks.

that was due to a flushung order issue (introduced recently when
switching to the lua catalog counterpart)

to make you feel-good i added a few more trackers:

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\enabletrackers[references.bookmarks,backend.resources]

\placebookmarks[section,subsection][section]

\starttext
\section{One}
\subsection{alpha}
\subsection{beta}
\section{Two}
\subsection{alpha}
\subsection{beta}
\stoptext

fixed in beta

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-12-15 17:53         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-12-15 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> I will update the module so that email and website work with mkiv.
>
> Attached is a corrected version.
>
> Hans, can something like \doifdefinedurl be added to the core? I am
> currently using
>
> %D We need a macro to check if a url is defined using \type{\useURL} or
> not.
>
> \def\doifdefinedurl#1{\doifdefined{\v!file:::#1}}
>
> %D \MKIV\ uses a different internal structure to store urls, so we use a
> %D different method.
> \startmode[*mkiv]
> \startluacode
>   ptj = ptj or {}
>   function ptj.doifdefinedurl(name, action)
>     if jobreferences.urls.data[name] and name ~= "" then
>       tex.sprint(tex.ctxcatcodes, action)
>     end
>   end
> \stopluacode
>
> \def\doifdefinedurl#1#2{\ctxlua{ptj.doifdefinedurl("#1",
> \!!bs\detokenize{#2}\!!es)}}
>
> \stopmode

i'll add:

\def\doifurldefinedelse {\ctxlua{commands.doifurldefinedelse ("#1")}}
\def\doiffiledefinedelse{\ctxlua{commands.doiffiledefinedelse("#1")}}

fyi ... you can use constructs like:

function commands.doifurldefinedelse(name)
     commands.doifelse(jobreferences.urls.data[name])
end

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-12-15 17:54         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-12-15 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.12.2009 um 17:16 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> I will update the module so that email and website work with mkiv.
>
> Attached is a corrected version.

You know the difference between startsetups, startrawsetups and startlocalsetups?

Wolfgang

* Re: Call for papers (pracjourn & mkiv)
@ 2009-12-15 18:16           ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-12-15 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 15.12.2009 um 17:16 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>
>> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>
>>> I will update the module so that email and website work with mkiv.
>>
>> Attached is a corrected version.
>
> You know the difference between startsetups, startrawsetups and startlocalsetups?

I wrote this module in 2006 and most of the setup stuff was trial and
error. IIRC, file reading and wrting did not work with setup and that is
why I used rawsetup.

I really do not know the difference between localsetup and setup.

Aditya

* Re: Call for papers (pracjourn & mkiv)
@ 2009-12-15 19:29             ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-12-15 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.12.2009 um 19:16 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

>> You know the difference between startsetups, startrawsetups and startlocalsetups?
>
> I wrote this module in 2006 and most of the setup stuff was trial and error. IIRC, file reading and wrting did not work with setup and that is why I used rawsetup.

Right, while startsetups line endings are ignored startrawsetups keeps them as they are

> I really do not know the difference between localsetup and setup.

startsetups is a delimited command which grabs everything till the next stopsetups
commands and as a result of this nested startsetups environments are not possible,
to do this you could use startlocalsetups inside startsetups

Wolfgang

* Re: Call for papers (pracjourn & mkiv)
@ 2009-12-15 21:29           ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-12-15 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Hans Hagen wrote:

> i'll add:
>
> \def\doifurldefinedelse {\ctxlua{commands.doifurldefinedelse ("#1")}}
> \def\doiffiledefinedelse{\ctxlua{commands.doiffiledefinedelse("#1")}}

Can you also add corresponding commands in MkII. The practex module needs
to work with both MkII and MkIV.

> fyi ... you can use constructs like:
>
> function commands.doifurldefinedelse(name)
>    commands.doifelse(jobreferences.urls.data[name])
> end

Ah, thanks.

Aditya

* Re: Call for papers (pracjourn & mkiv)
@ 2009-12-15 21:30           ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-12-15 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>> \placebookmarks[section,subsection][section]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \section{One}
>> \input tufte
>> \subsection{two}
>> \input knuth
>> \stoptext
>>
>> In MkIV I do not get any bookmarks.
>
> that was due to a flushung order issue (introduced recently when switching to
> the lua catalog counterpart)
>
> fixed in beta

Thanks.

Aditya

* Re: Call for papers (pracjourn & mkiv)
@ 2009-12-15 22:39             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-12-15 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> i'll add:
>>
>> \def\doifurldefinedelse {\ctxlua{commands.doifurldefinedelse ("#1")}}
>> \def\doiffiledefinedelse{\ctxlua{commands.doiffiledefinedelse("#1")}}
>
> Can you also add corresponding commands in MkII. The practex module
> needs to work with both MkII and MkIV.

ok

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

*  Indent after \startline[…]
@ 2009-12-16 10:43               ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2009-12-16 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

how can I prevent the indent after a \startline[…]-construct. Here is an example:

\setupindenting[medium,next,yes]

\def\NoIndent{\noindentation{\red\bf Indent?}\enspace}

\startbuffer
  \dorecurse{3}{\dorecurse{10}{some text, } \par }
\stopbuffer

\starttext  \showframe
\getbuffer \blank

\startlinenumbering
  \startline[lin:1]
    \NoIndent \getbuffer
  \stopline[lin:1]

  \NoIndent \getbuffer
\stoplinenumbering

\blank \getbuffer
\stoptext

To make myself clear, I want indenting but not inside the linenumbering-environment. I tried already to play with \setuplinenumbering but there is no ‘before’-key in the setup and ‘command’ only applies to the numbers.

I appreciate any help

	Andreas

* Re:  Indent after \startline[…]
@ 2009-12-16 17:40                 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-12-16 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.12.2009 um 11:43 schrieb Andreas Harder:

> Hi all,
>
> how can I prevent the indent after a \startline[…]-construct. Here is an example:
>
> \setupindenting[medium,next,yes]
>
> \def\NoIndent{\noindentation{\red\bf Indent?}\enspace}
>
> \startbuffer
>  \dorecurse{3}{\dorecurse{10}{some text, } \par }
> \stopbuffer
>

> \starttext  \showframe
> \getbuffer \blank
>
> \startlinenumbering
>  \startline[lin:1]
>    \NoIndent \getbuffer
>  \stopline[lin:1]
>
>  \NoIndent \getbuffer
> \stoplinenumbering
>
> \blank \getbuffer
> \stoptext
>
> To make myself clear, I want indenting but not inside the linenumbering-environment. I tried already to play with \setuplinenumbering but there is no ‘before’-key in the setup and ‘command’ only applies to the numbers.

Define your own environment.

\definestartstop
  [Linenumbering]
  [before={\setupindenting[no]\startlinenumbering},
   after=\stoplinenumbering]

\starttext

\startLinenumbering
\stopLinenumbering

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re:  Indent after \startline[…]
@ 2009-12-16 23:28                   ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2009-12-16 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 16.12.2009 um 11:43 schrieb Andreas Harder:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> how can I prevent the indent after a \startline[…]-construct. Here is an example:
>>
>> \setupindenting[medium,next,yes]
>>
>> \def\NoIndent{\noindentation{\red\bf Indent?}\enspace}
>>
>> \startbuffer
>> \dorecurse{3}{\dorecurse{10}{some text, } \par }
>> \stopbuffer
>>

>> \starttext  \showframe
>> \getbuffer \blank
>>
>> \startlinenumbering
>> \startline[lin:1]
>>   \NoIndent \getbuffer
>> \stopline[lin:1]
>>
>> \NoIndent \getbuffer
>> \stoplinenumbering
>>
>> \blank \getbuffer
>> \stoptext
>>
>> To make myself clear, I want indenting but not inside the linenumbering-environment. I tried already to play with \setuplinenumbering but there is no ‘before’-key in the setup and ‘command’ only applies to the numbers.
>
> Define your own environment.
>
> \definestartstop
>  [Linenumbering]
>  [before={\setupindenting[no]\startlinenumbering},
>   after=\stoplinenumbering]

Thank you! It works if I put  \setupindenting[no] after \startlinenumbering.

Andreas

* Call for papers...
@ 2009-12-14 21:02 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2009-12-14 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users, TEX-NL

Looking for a publishing opportunity? Please read the message I
received from PracTeX.

Kind regards

Willi
Secretary NTG

                              Call for Papers/Abstracts
                           PracTeX Journal: Issue 2010-1
                     Issue theme: "LaTeX Academic Work Bench"
                           http://www.tug.org/pracjourn/

                Submissions due December 31, 2009 (extended)

Dear LaTeX and TeX Users,

Since its first edition in 2005, the PracTeX Journal has presented
a wide range of articles on the practical use of LaTeX and TeX.
Among these articles are ones that describe tools and techniques
that can be used in teaching.

The PracTeX Journal 2010-1 issue has the theme "LaTeX Academic Work
Bench".

The goal of this issue is to present ideas on the use of LaTeX tools
for education, teaching, and classroom purposes.  We are looking for
articles that can discuss the development of the tools, and their use
and
effectiveness.  Actual examples and LaTeX sources are encouraged.

** Scope
The scope of the issue includes, but is not limited to :
- tools that assist the students/authors in preparing
    graphics, indexes, bibliographies, and other parts of documents;
- text manipulation tools;
- tutorials;
- short videos;
- free or almost free tools;
- teaching texts;
- homework styles;
- cross-platform tools.

We encourage you to submit original papers describing your experiences
using LaTeX and TeX tools in an academic setting, and also papers
on tool development work in progress or completed.

** Submission Guidelines:
If you would like to submit an article or technical note for
publication please contact the editors pracjourn@tug.org.
We will work with you to prepare the article.  Also see
http://tug.org/pracjourn/submit.html
for the Journal's guidelines.

** Important Dates:
Paper submission deadline:  December 31, 2009
Publication date: February 10, 2010

** News
Submissions in any language are acceptable.
Since its beginning in 2005, the PracTeX Journal has accepted
papers not only in English but also Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch,
German, Norwegian, Chinese, Korean, Romanian, and Italian.
However, please contact the editors in English, and submit
an English abstract.

Best Regards,

Francisco Reinaldo
Paul Blaga