Here’s what I have now (result attached): \define[1]\ÜbungNrCmd{\inmargin{\offset[y=3em]{\rotate[rotation=90]{\SectionFont #1}}}} \defineenumeration[Übung][ text=Übung, title=yes, titleleft=, titleright=, titledistance=-1em, titlestyle=\SectionFont, %numberstyle=\SectionFont, numbercommand=\ÜbungNrCmd, way=bytext, margin=1em, before={\blank[2*line]}, ] Now I’d like to have a vertical line beside the text, starting below the title. And because I want to use the “sketchy“ lines we discussed a while ago (I needed them for the same book), it must be a MetaPost-drawn line. What’s the right approach? Overlay? Textbackground? Hraban