* RE: Adobe Helvetica (ArialMT)
@ 2002-09-13  8:21 peter.rolf
From: peter.rolf @ 2002-09-13  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans wrote:
>in that case you need to remap font names onto the original adobe fonts
>(like hv);

>however, i suggest to *always* embed the fonts, if only because otherwise
>you get different results on different platforms, and (worse:) metrics may
>differ per acrobat and/or os version resulting in strange spacing

Thanks Hans for the help.
Here is my solution (far from perfect, but it works):

\loadmapfile[ec-urw-helvetica.map]
\setupbodyfont[phv,12pt] % Helvetica--> URW NimbusSansL

% remap to Adobe Helvetica (ArialMT)
\definefontsynonym[Helvetica][hv][encoding=ec]
\definefontsynonym[Helvetica-Bold][hvb][encoding=ec]
\definefontsynonym[Helvetica-BoldOblique][hvbo][encoding=ec]
\definefontsynonym[Helvetica-Oblique][hvo][encoding=ec]
\setupbodyfont[ss]

The second \setupbody[ss] sets hv as default font. Put it in the first one
[phv,ss,12pt] or leave it and you get NimbusSansL....

Is there a possibility to "embed the embedded" Adobe fonts?

Peter

Vollkasko ab 99 Euro/Jahr bei Direct Line, Europa's größter Kfz-Direkt-
versicherungsgruppe. Jetzt Tarif berechnen und bis 30.11. wechseln!
http://www.arcor.de/home/redir.php/email.kasko

* RE: Adobe Helvetica (ArialMT)
       [not found] <6936293.1031905270891.JavaMail.ngmail@mx10.arcor-online.ne t>
@ 2002-09-14 19:13 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-09-14 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:21 AM 9/13/2002 +0200, peter.rolf@arcor.de wrote:
> >>What can I do to get the builtin Helvetica (ArialMT)?
>
>Hans wrote:
> >in that case you need to remap font names onto the original adobe fonts
> >(like hv);
>
> >however, i suggest to *always* embed the fonts, if only because otherwise
> >you get different results on different platforms, and (worse:) metrics may
> >differ per acrobat and/or os version resulting in strange spacing
>
>Thanks Hans for the help.
>Here is my solution (far from perfect, but it works):

>\loadmapfile[ec-urw-helvetica.map]
>\setupbodyfont[phv,12pt] % Helvetica--> URW NimbusSansL
>
>% remap to Adobe Helvetica (ArialMT)
>\definefontsynonym[Helvetica][hv][encoding=ec]
>\definefontsynonym[Helvetica-Bold][hvb][encoding=ec]
>\definefontsynonym[Helvetica-BoldOblique][hvbo][encoding=ec]
>\definefontsynonym[Helvetica-Oblique][hvo][encoding=ec]
>\setupbodyfont[ss]
>
>The second \setupbody[ss] sets hv as default font. Put it in the first one
>[phv,ss,12pt] or leave it and you get NimbusSansL....

first define the synonyms, and then set the bodyfont, otherwise the names
are already frozen

>Is there a possibility to "embed the embedded" Adobe fonts?

sure, just make an appropriate map file

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl