Alan Braslau wrote: For example, I work with a "3D" instance of MP: \defineMPinstance [three] [format=metafun, extensions=yes, initializations=yes, method=double] \startMPdefinitions{three} input three ; \stopMPdefinitions Where three.mp contains my 3D projection macros. Use is then \startMPcode{three} ... \stopMPcode Does this mean that \startMPdefinitions is identical (in effect) with \startMPextensions? Its use here seems to suggest. Or if otherwise, what is the difference in usage? Hans van der Meer