From: Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: Two questions - Cross Referencing (Automated label generation + Random items)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 00:37:03 +0100	[thread overview]

Am 03.03.2009 um 14:17 schrieb Curious Learn:

> As I mentioned earlier, I am trying to use Context to make a
> multiple choice
> test. I have two questions.
>
> (1) Suppose I want to get a list of answers to the the multiple choice
> questions. One way I can think of doing this is by assigning a label
> to the
> CORRECT answer as done in the following code and then referring to
> that label.
> Is there a way these labels can be generated automatically, instead of
> hardcoding them as I have done below?
>
> defineenumeration[problem][text= ,location=inleft]
> \setupenumerations[problem][stopper=)]
>
> \defineitemgroup[choices][levels=1]
> \setupitemgroup[choices][1][a,packed]
> \nextrandom

You don't need \nextrandom any longer, it's fixed with the last beta.

\newcounter\choicecounter

\define[1]\Rightitem
   {\doglobal\increment\choicecounter
    \startitem[\choicecounter]#1\stopitem}

\define[1]\Wrongitem
   {\startitem#1\stopitem}

\processbetween{rightitem}\Rightitem
\processbetween{wrongitem}\Wrongitem

> \starttext
>
>   \problem This is the first question.
>     \startchoices
>             \startitem This is incorrect answer 1. \stopitem
>             \startitem This is a wrong answer too. \stopitem
>    	     \startitem[1] This is the CORRECT answer. \stopitem
>             \startitem Yet another wrong answer. \stopitem

             \startrightitem This is the CORRECT answer. \stoprightitem
             \startwrongitem Yet another wrong answer.   \stopwrongitem

>     \stopchoices
>
>   	\problem This is the second question.
> 	     \startchoices
> 	           \startitem[2] This is the CORRECT answer. \stopitem
> 	           \startitem This is a wrong answer too. \stopitem
> 	    	   \startitem This is not a correct choice. \stopitem
> 	           \startitem Yet another wrong answer. \stopitem
> 	     \stopchoices
>

> Answers to the questions
>
> \in[1]
>
> \in[2]
>
> \stoptext
>
> (2) When I add the option "random" to the itemgroup
> (\setupitemgroup[choices][1][a,packed,random]) then as expected the
> choices are
> listed in a random order. However, the label does not change with
> the choice
> listing. I want the reference to be attached to the CORRECT answer,
> which
> changes its position with random option. Is there a way to have the
> reference
> reflect the letter corresponding to the correct answer.

The labels change but they're always one run behind the current order.

You can use a fixed random order for the items (the don't change after
each new run) with '\setupsystem[random=3456]', you can change the order
when you user another number.

Wolfgang