* more on block quotes
@ 2002-11-25 15:27 Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2002-11-25 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

This came up a few weeks back, but I quickly lost the conversation.

Shouldn't the quotation environment work as it does in LaTeX?  If one
has a \startquotation after a paragraph break (white space, or \par)
and a break after the \stopquotation, then the following paragraph
should understood to be new, and hence requiring a first line indent.

If, however, there are no breaks, then the quote is understood to be a
part of the larger paragraph on either side of it, and hence the text
after block quote is not indented.  (And might this be default
behavior?  Relevant, say, if typesetting a DocBook doc with its
blockquote element.)

Seems to me this is easier and more elegant than specifying some option
every time one wants to use the command...

Bruce

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-11-25 15:27 UTC | newest]