* hvdm-exm module fails
@ 2012-04-30 16:16 Martin
From: Martin @ 2012-04-30 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to make use of the "hvdm-exm" module for a series of tests
and that fails.

Below is the basic code I am using. As I could not find a usage sample,
I might have it wrong. It fails with \startexam as "undefined" and an
internal message that it seems to have a language problem (WARNING ?
unknown -- current language en tried). Looking into the file
hvdm-exm.tex I can find the source of the error message, but it's beyond
me to really understand what's going on. My ConTeXt is updated as of
today (30.4.2012).

I updated the core file "hvdm-exm.tex" to the 2010-11-17 version but
that has no obvious influence.

Also checked permissions (just to be sure, folders 755, files 644) and
fixed them with no impact. Afterall, the files are all loaded.
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20101212.154453.528d5fd7.en.html

Help would be much appreciated.
Martin

\usemodule[hvdm-exm]
\starttext
\currentlanguage

\startexam[showanswer=yes]
%  \question[score=3]{question1}
\stopexam
\stoptext

Source for module:
http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/cgi-bin/package.cgi/ruid=1412038790/action=view/id=290

Excerpt of the log:

languages       > language en is active
resolvers       > modules > loaded: 'hvdm-exm'
(/Users/martin/contextMini/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/third/HvdM-contrib/tex-files/hvdm-exm.tex
HVDM-EXM        > exam module $Id:: hvdm-exm.tex 57 2010-11-17##$
resolvers       > modules > loaded: 'hvdm-rng'
(/Users/martin/contextMini/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/third/HvdM-contrib/tex-files/hvdm-rng.tex
HVDM-RNG        > random generator module version 2006-08-12
)
resolvers       > modules > loaded: 'hvdm-lst'
(/Users/martin/contextMini/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/third/HvdM-contrib/tex-files/hvdm-lst.tex
HVDM-LST        > list module version 2006-08-09
resolvers       > modules > already loaded: 'hvdm-rng'
HVDM            > WARNING ? unknown -- current language en tried
! Undefined control sequence.

* Re: hvdm-exm module fails
@ 2012-05-14 13:22 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-05-14 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.04.2012 um 18:16 schrieb Martin:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to make use of the "hvdm-exm" module for a series of tests and that fails.
>
> Below is the basic code I am using. As I could not find a usage sample, I might have it wrong. It fails with \startexam as "undefined" and an internal message that it seems to have a language problem (WARNING ? unknown -- current language en tried). Looking into the file hvdm-exm.tex I can find the source of the error message, but it's beyond me to really understand what's going on. My ConTeXt is updated as of today (30.4.2012).
>
> I updated the core file "hvdm-exm.tex" to the 2010-11-17 version but that has no obvious influence.
>
> Also checked permissions (just to be sure, folders 755, files 644) and fixed them with no impact. Afterall, the files are all loaded.
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20101212.154453.528d5fd7.en.html
>
> Help would be much appreciated.

The exam module uses a command which was removed from MkIV because there are better ways for module authors.

When you don’t need any special MkIV feature you can use MkII for your document.

Wolfgang