Hello Hans and Wolfgang, Hans: Thanks for your reply. No, simply setting up the grid does not work. Because of the size of Arabic fonts relative to latin fonts, the Arabic paragraph naturally needs a bit more interlinear spacing; as such, I do not expect the paragraph to lineup on the grid (effectively, I am happy to treat it like one would a graphic or math equation). But in the English paragraph which follows, I would like the English paragraph to be realigned on the grid. BUT: it seems that Wolfgang's suggestion works well! (At least with my minimal example, which I've attached below). Thank you both so much. Amazing. I cannot express how impressed I am with ConTeXt at the moment, and how what used to require so much hacking in LaTeX (which I never could have come up with), and so many myriad packages, is all largely done from within ConTeXt itself! My last hurdle for shifting my work into ConTeXt remains the issue of the features needed for critical editions--most importantly the ability to key lemmas to line numbers; but that will be left to a dedicated email. Many thanks to you both again, and to all those who've played a role in the development of ConTeXt. :-) Kind regards, Talal