* index entries printed over each other
@ 2019-04-14 19:11 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2019-04-14 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

on the last page of my index, there are two entries printed over each other, see attached screenshot.

How can this happen? Any hints how to avoid it?

Sorry, no MWE yet, probably hard to reproduce...

Latest, i.e. yesterday’s beta with LuaTeX; the same with the previous version.
Also the same problem with lmtx, except that the text is garbage (I’m using Cambria.ttc).

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.dreiviertelhaus.de
GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

[-- Attachment #1.2.1: Type: text/html, Size: 1090 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2.2: Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-14 um 21.01.26.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 13356 bytes --]

* Re: index entries printed over each other
@ 2019-04-14 19:34 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-04-14 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henning Hraban Ramm schrieb am 14.04.2019 um 21:11:
> Hi,
> on the last page of my index, there are two entries printed over each
> other, see attached screenshot.
>
> How can this happen? Any hints how to avoid it?
>
> Sorry, no MWE yet, probably hard to reproduce...
>
> Latest, i.e. yesterday’s beta with LuaTeX; the same with the previous
> version.
This can be a problem with the columns mechanism. You can try to disable
balancing with

\setupindex[balance=no]

or disable columns for the index and flush the content within a columns
environment.

\startmixedcolumns %[grid=no]
\placeindex[n=1]
\stopmixedcolumns
> Also the same problem with lmtx, except that the text is garbage (I’m
> using Cambria.ttc).
Fonts in ttc format will work as expected in the next release.

Wolfgang

* Re: index entries printed over each other
@ 2019-04-14 19:56   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2019-04-14 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2019-04-14 um 21:34 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com>:

> Henning Hraban Ramm schrieb am 14.04.2019 um 21:11:
>> Hi,
>> on the last page of my index, there are two entries printed over each other, see attached screenshot.
>>
>> How can this happen? Any hints how to avoid it?
>>
>> Sorry, no MWE yet, probably hard to reproduce...
>>
>> Latest, i.e. yesterday’s beta with LuaTeX; the same with the previous version.
> This can be a problem with the columns mechanism. You can try to disable balancing with
>
> \setupindex[balance=no]

Of course, I should have remembered that.

> or disable columns for the index and flush the content within a columns environment.
>
> \startmixedcolumns %[grid=no]
> \placeindex[n=1]
> \stopmixedcolumns

Both work and give the same result, thank you!
(Fortunately I don’t need balanced columns.)

Exploring the newer column modes is still on my list.

>> Also the same problem with lmtx, except that the text is garbage (I’m using Cambria.ttc).
> Fonts in ttc format will work as expected in the next release.

I saw the messages, that’s why I pointed at the font. Otherwise I would have panicked a lot ;)

Greetlings, Hraban
---