From: Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: letter/correspondence module
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 15:56:11 +0200	[thread overview]

Am 01.07.2009 um 22:33 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:

> Am 2009-06-29 um 18:38 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
>>> I don't think "line" is documented in your manual.
>> You're right but it's so boring to write documentation.
>
> ;-)
> You don't need to write it step by step like in your manual, but a
> reference of options would be really helpful!

The step by step method is only used to know how to write a simple
letter,
I won't use this to explain the option etc., what I want there are
examples
for predefined and user created element alternatives.

>>> I wrote: You need need to define all possible labels yourself, as
>>> long it's comprehensible how to add your own.

I will add a section for this but if a label is useful I want to add
it to the core.

> I'm only writing letters in one language at a time, so will others.
> It was only a suggestion to take the key as label as a fallback -
> mostly it will be easy enough, and you don't need to define a proper
> label.

I have to check if this can be done (in a good way) and if I like this
fallback method.

> So, here we are:
> I'd like to change the reference table of alternative "e" a little
> bit to fit my logo:
>
> voffset=130mm, % absolute coordinates
> hoffset=40mm,
> width=20mm, % width of label
>
> It doesn't work in \setupletterstyle[reference][].
> Where must I put it?
> Or should I define my own alternative, like yours in default.nli ?

The alternatives a–e are not so easy to move to the place you prefer
because
the start of the bodytext depends on the position (I try to keep
always two lines
between them) but you can copy the layout of one element to another
one with

which looks for you

   \copyletterelement[reference][hraban][e]

You can now place the reference line with

   \setupletterstyle
     [reference]
     [hoffset=...,
      voffset=...]

and the width of the elements in the reference line with

   \setupletter
     [phone,street,...]
     [width=20mm]

> BTW: I'm using your simplefonts module for the first time in the
> same project - works great, thank you!
> (I had to refresh my font database several times, until LuaTeX could
> find all faces of my font family, but that's not your module's fault.)

mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern=... helps to find the right name.

BTW: You can another example for the use of the simplefonts module
in the source of the correspondence manual (correspondence-
environment.tex).

Wolfgang