* [NTG-context] Typesetting conversion tables, ref charts, scales, rulers in ConTeXt
@ 2024-06-21  4:01 John Magolske
From: John Magolske @ 2024-06-21  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I'm looking into typesetting conversion tables, reference charts, scales
and rulers in ConTeXt, and am wondering if anyone has done this or might
have suggestions / pointers.

For instance, a Tap-Drill chart. Some examples:

https://templatelab.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/tap-drill-chart-13.jpg
https://web.archive.org/web/20180219112507id_/https://www.starrett.com/docs/educational/decimal-equivalent-card---bulletin-1317.pdf
https://www.imperialsupplies.com/pdf/I_DrillSizeDecimalEquivalent&TapDrillChart.pdf
https://basstool.com/pdf/literature/customer/tapdrillchart.pdf

Somewhat related, typesetting a ruler, e.g. https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=ruler+scale+inch+mm&ia=web

I found some interesting tips here:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/15157/how-to-make-a-ruler

which pointed to:
https://ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/generic/misc

specifically this file typesets some nice rulers:
https://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/generic/misc/ruler.tex

Aditya posted some ConTeXt on that stackexchange page:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/15185

Checking to see if anything else might be out there.

Basically, I'm looking to typeset conversion charts, scales, etc for use
in the machine shop and lab.

Cheers,

John

--
John Magolske
http://b79.net/contact

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: Typesetting conversion tables, ref charts, scales, rulers in ConTeXt
@ 2024-06-21  5:43 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2024-06-21  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

https://codeberg.org/fiee/context-examples/src/branch/master/typometer

> Basically, I'm looking to typeset conversion charts, scales, etc for use
> in the machine shop and lab.

Programming in Lua and/or MetaPost makes sense.

Hraban

@ 2024-06-22 20:12   ` John Magolske
From: John Magolske @ 2024-06-22 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

* Henning Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net> [240621 08:14]:

> https://codeberg.org/fiee/context-examples/src/branch/master/typometer
>
> > Basically, I'm looking to typeset conversion charts, scales, etc ...
>
> Programming in Lua and/or MetaPost makes sense.

Thanks for the suggestions. Your typometer looks really cool!

John

--

@ 2024-06-23  9:33     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2024-06-23  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am 22.06.24 um 22:12 schrieb John Magolske:
> * Henning Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net> [240621 08:14]:
>>
>> https://codeberg.org/fiee/context-examples/src/branch/master/typometer
>>
>>> Basically, I'm looking to typeset conversion charts, scales, etc ...
>>
>> Programming in Lua and/or MetaPost makes sense.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions. Your typometer looks really cool!

Thank you!
Feel free to use parts of the source code, if it fits your needs.

Hraban

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl