Dear list, The problem with margin notes and main text justification being wrong in some lines when using stack=continue is still present with latest beta mtx-context | current version: 2016.01.18 22:21 This can be verified with the test stacking-002.tex in test suite or with MWE I posted earlier. Just wanted to know if fixing this problem was planned for next “stable” version or if that feature is somewhat deprecated ? This problem does not occur with current “stable” ConTeXt version. Many thanks for any hint, Joseph From: josephcanedo@gmail.com Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎December‎ ‎15‎, ‎2015 ‎9‎:‎58‎ ‎PM To: ntg-context@ntg.nl Is this problem a hard limitation from (lua)TeX ? or simply some bug in ConTeXt ? The problem with main text justification is not present with “stable” version of ConTeXt, so my guess is that’s a regression in beta. I initially used stack=yes but despite the name in some cases the notes fail to stack and overlapped. Thanks a lot, Joseph From: josephcanedo@gmail.com Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎December‎ ‎11‎, ‎2015 ‎9‎:‎03‎ ‎PM To: ntg-context@ntg.nl Thanks Wolfgang for alternative proposal. I had a try with your sample and it seems the margin notes stay stacked but not nearby the line I insert them in the text, which is what I am looking for. Is there a way to achieve this using notes ? Otherwise I assume that there is a bug with \ininner \inouter then ? Also I noticed there is a \ininnermargin, but I was curious to know what’s the difference with \ininner. Thanks a lot Joseph From: Wolfgang Schuster Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎December‎ ‎11‎, ‎2015 ‎1‎:‎13‎ ‎PM To: ntg-context@ntg.nl josephcanedo@gmail.com 10. Dezember 2015 um 11:04 Dear all, Another problem appears if using both \inouter and \ininner to have notes in both sides. Apparently when doing so the stack=continue does not work any longer. I see margin notes overlapping and not being stacked. If the “left note” is removed the right side notes are stacked properly again. Is there any solution to avoid the previous problem and this one please ? Are notes a alternative for you? \startsetups[marginnotes] \startframed[width=max,height=max,align=high,strut=no] \placenotes[marginnote][before=,after=,rule=off] \stopframed \stopsetups \setuptexttexts[margin][][\directsetup{marginnotes}] \definenote [marginnote][criterium=page] \setupnotation[marginnote][number=no] \starttext \dorecurse{100}{\input ward\expanded{\marginnote{This is note \recurselevel}} } \stoptext Wolfgang