Dear List, Working with ConTeXt MK IV version 2016.07.18, I need sometimes within a text in French I am working on, some Greek words or sentences, rarely Chinese and Arabic words, mainly names and a few words. Then, I use this general preamble (thanks to Pablo Rodriguez): \setuplanguage[fr][patterns={fr,agr}] \mainlanguage[fr] \setuplayout [backspace=40mm] \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided, location={header, inmargin}] \setupmargindata[inmargin][location=inner, style={\ssx\setupinterlinespace[line=2.8ex]}] \setupmarginframed[inmargin][align=right] \setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic] % Hereafter the commands for Greek and Chinese \definefallbackfamily[mainface][serif][Theano Didot][preset=range:greek, it={Old Standard Italic}, force=yes] \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [rm] [ipaexmincho] [range=cjkunifiedideographs] \definefontfamily [mainface] [serif] [GaramondNo8][sc=NewG8 Regular SC] \definefontfamily [mainface] [sans] [FreeSans] [rscale=0.7] All is working well, but if I add these lines below to the pramble: \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [sans] [hussaininastaleeq] [range=arabic] \definefontfamily [mainface] [serif] [GFS Didot] (where hussainiastaleeq and GFS Didot fonts are pre-installed, and load with a '|mtxrun --script fonts --reload' command), then Arabic words are not printed in the PDF file. One more question : in the English translitteration, the name of the tenth century Arabic philosopher, Farabi, is |Abū Naṣr al-Fārābī (with diacritic signs on wovels and under the 's' of "Nasr"). Do someone knows how to deal with these diacritic signs ? Thak you very much. JP