* context on miktex update not working
@ 2005-06-23 13:14 piskala upendran
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: piskala upendran @ 2005-06-23 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I had recently updated miktex including the context.
After update the context fails to work. The kpsewhich
was old as suggested by Mr.Hans Hagen and replaced it
with new one provided by him. but still not working.

I am attaching error file as generated by DOS.

I am using miktex + win Edt in winXP.

does other miktex updaters also have same error. IF
not why in my update. I have already updated context
twice from the internet as of 17 jun 05 update.

can any one point point out what is wrong?

upendran

%------------------------attached error file---------

 TeXExec 5.4.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

 fixing texformat path :
0
fixing engine variable : pdfetex
            executable : pdfetex
                format : cont-en
             inputfile : negative
                output : standard
             interface : en
          current mode : none
               TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (MiKTeX
2.4)
cannot make cont-en.efmt
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

           return code : 256
              run time : 0 seconds

        total run time : 1 seconds

H:\Documents and Settings\Upendran\Desktop>

%----------------------------------------------

http://mail.yahoo.com

* Re: context on miktex update not working
@ 2005-06-23 14:09 ` Willi Egger
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-06-23 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Upendran,

Though i am not a MIKTeX user your error file sounds like
you did not create the format files after updating ConTeXt. So you
should run e.g.  texexec --make en mptopdf metafun
For the sake of being sure run the MIKTeX tool for updating its database.

In your error log there is also a message concerning the format path.
Please make shure that this path (which was modified in recent versions
of ConTeXt) is known to MIKTeX.

Also there is a message on fixing the pfttex executable. I guess that
this is not set correctly in you MIKTeX installation.

Willi

piskala upendran wrote:
> I had recently updated miktex including the context.
> After update the context fails to work. The kpsewhich
> was old as suggested by Mr.Hans Hagen and replaced it
> with new one provided by him. but still not working.
>
> I am attaching error file as generated by DOS.
>
> I am using miktex + win Edt in winXP.
>
> does other miktex updaters also have same error. IF
> not why in my update. I have already updated context
> twice from the internet as of 17 jun 05 update.
>
> can any one point point out what is wrong?
>
> upendran
>
> %------------------------attached error file---------
>

>  TeXExec 5.4.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005
>
>  fixing texformat path :
> 0
> fixing engine variable : pdfetex
>             executable : pdfetex
>                 format : cont-en
>              inputfile : negative
>                 output : standard
>              interface : en
>           current mode : none
>                TeX run : 1
>
> This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (MiKTeX
> 2.4)
> cannot make cont-en.efmt
> (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
>
>            return code : 256
>               run time : 0 seconds
>
>         total run time : 1 seconds
>
> H:\Documents and Settings\Upendran\Desktop>
>
> %----------------------------------------------

* Re: context on miktex update not working
@ 2005-06-23 22:44 ` Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-23 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

piskala upendran wrote:
> I had recently updated miktex including the context.
> After update the context fails to work. The kpsewhich
> was old as suggested by Mr.Hans Hagen and replaced it
> with new one provided by him. but still not working.
>
> I am attaching error file as generated by DOS.
>
> I am using miktex + win Edt in winXP.
>
> does other miktex updaters also have same error. IF
> not why in my update. I have already updated context
> twice from the internet as of 17 jun 05 update.
>
> can any one point point out what is wrong?

can you try

   texmfstart newtexexec --make --all

and see if that works better? i want to make newtexexec working ok with miktex
without needs for config files and such

(willy, do you have miktex on your machine so that we can have a look at it this
weekend?)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-06-23 22:45 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-23 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

piskala upendran wrote:
> I had recently updated miktex including the context.
> After update the context fails to work. The kpsewhich
> was old as suggested by Mr.Hans Hagen and replaced it
> with new one provided by him. but still not working.
>
> I am attaching error file as generated by DOS.
>
> I am using miktex + win Edt in winXP.

can someone make me a zip with miktex binaries [pdfetex and mpost cum suis and
database generator] + miktex config file?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: context on miktex update not working
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-06-24  6:58 ` Xiao Jianfeng
From: Xiao Jianfeng @ 2005-06-24  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

piskala upendran wrote:
> I had recently updated miktex including the context.
> After update the context fails to work. The kpsewhich
> was old as suggested by Mr.Hans Hagen and replaced it
> with new one provided by him. but still not working.
>
> I am attaching error file as generated by DOS.
>
> I am using miktex + win Edt in winXP.
>
> does other miktex updaters also have same error. IF
> not why in my update. I have already updated context
> twice from the internet as of 17 jun 05 update.
>
> can any one point point out what is wrong?
>
> upendran

Hi, upendran

May be you can try the "stand-alone CONTEXTediting environment
(windows)" which can be download from
http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/install/mswincontext.zip.

I think it is easier to setup, easy to use, and easy to upgrade :-)

Xiao Jianfeng

* Re: context on miktex update not working
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2005-06-24 16:36 ` Theodosios CHIMONIDIS
From: Theodosios CHIMONIDIS @ 2005-06-24 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using to miktex + DOS-Window(texexec.exe) in winXP and I have problems:
.
.
.
No pages of output.
Transcript written on cont-en.log.
I can't find the default format file!

           return code : 256
              run time : 8 seconds

        total run time : 9 seconds

cf atached file.

please advice!

Theo.

>I had recently updated miktex including the context.
> After update the context fails to work. The kpsewhich
> was old as suggested by Mr.Hans Hagen and replaced it
> with new one provided by him. but still not working.
>
> I am attaching error file as generated by DOS.
>
> I am using miktex + win Edt in winXP.
>
> does other miktex updaters also have same error. IF
> not why in my update. I have already updated context
> twice from the internet as of 17 jun 05 update.
>
> can any one point point out what is wrong?
>
> upendran
>
> %------------------------attached error file---------
>

> TeXExec 5.4.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005
>
> fixing texformat path :
> 0
> fixing engine variable : pdfetex
>            executable : pdfetex
>                format : cont-en
>             inputfile : negative
>                output : standard
>             interface : en
>          current mode : none
>               TeX run : 1
>
> This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (MiKTeX
> 2.4)
> cannot make cont-en.efmt
> (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
>
>           return code : 256
>              run time : 0 seconds
>
>        total run time : 1 seconds
>
> H:\Documents and Settings\Upendran\Desktop>
>
> %----------------------------------------------

[-- Attachment #2: log --]

 TeXExec 5.4.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

 fixing texformat path : Usage: kpsewhich [OPTION...] [FILENAME]

This program tries to locate a TeXMF related file.

-alias=APP                Pretend to be APP.
-help                     Print this help screen and exit.
-file-type=FILETYPE       Use the search path for FILETYPE.
-must-exist               Make sure the file exists; run the package
                          installer if necessary.
-show-path=FILETYPE       Show the search path for FILETYPE.
-start                    Start associated program if file was found.
-version                  Print the version number and exit.
0
fixing engine variable : pdfetex
            executable : pdfetex
                format : cont-en
             inputfile : 01
                output : standard
             interface : en
          current mode : none
               TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.4)
"pdfetex.exe" --ini --interaction=nonstopmode --halt-on-error --alias cont-en *\pdfcompresslevel=9 \pdfdecimaldigits=3 \pdfhorigin=1 true in \pdfoutput=1 \pdfpageheight=297 true mm \pdfpagewidth=210 true mm \pdfoptionpdfminorversion=4 \pdfpkresolution=600 \pdfvorigin=1 true in \input cont-en.tex \dump
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.4) (INITEX)
entering extended mode
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\cont-en.tex (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\context.tex
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\syst-pln.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\syst-prm.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\syst-etx.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\syst-omg.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\syst-xtx.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\syst-gen.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\syst-ext.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\syst-new.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\syst-con.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\math-pln.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-fil.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-dir.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\mult-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\mult-sys.tex
interface       : defining english interface

interface       : using english messages

) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\mult-con.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\mult-com.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\thrd-ran.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\thrd-trg.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-box.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-mrk.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-vis.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-fun.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-eps.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-pdf.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-spe.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-mps.tex
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-ini.tex
)
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-mpe.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-tpi.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-mat.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-ran.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-ali.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\typo-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\verb-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-var.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-ins.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-fil.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-con.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\cont-fil.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\thrd-tab.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-lan.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-num.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\supp-pat.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-ini.tex
encoding        : coding def is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-def.tex)
encoding        : coding acc is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-acc.tex)
encoding        : coding raw is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-raw.tex)
encoding        : coding com is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-com.tex)
encoding        : coding cas is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-cas.tex)
encoding        : coding mis is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-mis.tex)
encoding        : coding ans is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-ans.tex)
encoding        : coding il2 is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-il2.tex)
encoding        : coding ec is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-ec.tex)
encoding        : coding tbo is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-tbo.tex)
encoding        : coding pdf is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-pdf.tex)
encoding        : coding uc is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-uc.tex)
encoding        : coding pol is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-pol.tex)
encoding        : coding qx is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-qx.tex)
encoding        : coding t5 is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-t5.tex)
encoding        : coding cyr is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-cyr.tex))
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\filt-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\hand-ini.tex
handling        : font handling def is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\hand-def.tex))
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\regi-ini.tex
encoding        : coding def is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\regi-def.tex)
encoding        : coding uni is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\regi-uni.tex)
encoding        : coding ibm is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\regi-ibm.tex)
encoding        : coding win is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\regi-win.tex)
encoding        : coding il1 is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\regi-il1.tex)
encoding        : coding mac is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\regi-mac.tex))
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-ctx.tex
language        : patterns for nl not loaded
language        : patterns for fr not loaded
language        : patterns for de not loaded
language        : patterns for it not loaded
language        : patterns for pt not loaded
language        : patterns for hr not loaded
language        : patterns for pl not loaded
language        : patterns for cz not loaded
language        : patterns for sk not loaded
language        : patterns for sl not loaded
language        : patterns for vn not loaded
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-dis.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\unic-ini.tex
unicode         : loading vector 0
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\unic-000.tex)
unicode         : loading vector 1
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\unic-001.tex)
unicode         : loading vector 2
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\unic-002.tex)
unicode         : loading vector 3
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\unic-003.tex)
unicode         : loading vector 4
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\unic-004.tex)
unicode         : loading vector 5
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\unic-005.tex)
unicode         : loading vector 30
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\unic-030.tex)
unicode         : loading vector 32
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\unic-032.tex)
unicode         : loading vector 33
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\unic-033.tex)
encoding        : coding utf is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\regi-utf.tex))
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\colo-ini.tex
color           : rgb color space is supported
color           : cmyk color space is supported
color           : mpcmyk color space is supported
color           : mpspot color space is supported
color           : system rgb is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\colo-rgb.tex
color           : specification [s=0] at color black becomes black
color           : palette alfa is available
color           : palette beta is available
color           : palette gamma is available
color           : palette delta is available
color           : palette epsilon is available
color           : palette zeta is available
)) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\colo-ext.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\spec-mis.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\spec-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\spec-def.tex
specials        : loading definition file dvi
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\spec-dvi.tex)
specials        : tex loaded
specials        : loading definition file ps
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\spec-ps.tex)
specials        : tex,postscript loaded
specials        : loading definition file tr
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\spec-tr.tex)
specials        : tex,postscript,rokicki loaded
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\spec-var.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-spe.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-lab.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-ger.tex
language        : patterns for nl not loaded
language        : patterns for en not loaded
language        : patterns for de not loaded
language        : patterns for da not loaded
language        : patterns for sv not loaded
language        : patterns for af not loaded
language        : patterns for no not loaded
language        : patterns for deo not loaded
language        : patterns for uk not loaded
language        : patterns for us not loaded
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-ita.tex
language        : patterns for fr not loaded
language        : patterns for es not loaded
language        : patterns for ca not loaded
language        : patterns for it not loaded
language        : patterns for la not loaded
language        : patterns for pt not loaded
language        : patterns for ro not loaded
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-sla.tex
language        : patterns for pl not loaded
language        : patterns for cz not loaded
language        : patterns for sk not loaded
language        : patterns for hr not loaded
language        : patterns for sl not loaded
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-alt.tex
language        : patterns for tr not loaded
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-ana.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-art.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-bal.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-cel.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-grk.tex
language        : patterns for gr not loaded
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-ind.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-ura.tex
language        : patterns for fi not loaded
language        : patterns for hu not loaded
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-vn.tex
language        : patterns for vn not loaded
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\symb-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-gen.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-new.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-uti.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-mar.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-mak.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-dat.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-grd.tex
color           : palette grid is available
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-ver.tex
color           : palette colorpretty is available
color           : palette graypretty is available
color           : palette TEXcolorpretty is available
color           : palette TEXgraypretty is available
color           : palette PLcolorpretty is available
color           : palette PLgraypretty is available
color           : palette PMcolorpretty is available
color           : palette PMgraypretty is available
color           : palette MPcolorpretty is available
color           : palette MPgraypretty is available
color           : palette JVcolorpretty is available
color           : palette JVgraypretty is available
color           : palette JScolorpretty is available
color           : palette JSgraypretty is available
color           : palette SQLcolorpretty is available
color           : palette SQLgraypretty is available
color           : palette PAScolorpretty is available
color           : palette PASgraypretty is available
color           : palette EIFcolorpretty is available
color           : palette EIFgraypretty is available
color           : palette XMLcolorpretty is available
color           : palette XMLgraypretty is available
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-vis.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-rul.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-tab.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-nav.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-ref.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-obj.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-buf.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-lst.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-num.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-itm.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-des.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-mat.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-syn.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-spa.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-sys.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-not.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-one.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-lay.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-log.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-txt.tex
color           : palette layout is available
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-sid.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-flt.tex
layout          : marginblocks active
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-mul.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-set.tex
color           : palette columnset is available
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-lyr.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-mak.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-num.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-lin.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-mar.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-bck.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-app.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-flw.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-spr.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-job.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-sec.tex
system          : mark part defined [part]
system          : mark partnumber defined [partnumber]
system          : mark chapter defined [chapter]
system          : mark chapternumber defined [chapternumber]
system          : mark section defined [section]
system          : mark sectionnumber defined [sectionnumber]
system          : mark subsection defined [subsection]
system          : mark subsectionnumber defined [subsectionnumber]
system          : mark subsubsection defined [subsubsection]
system          : mark subsubsectionnumber defined [subsubsectionnumber]
system          : mark subsubsubsection defined [subsubsubsection]
system          : mark subsubsubsectionnumber defined [subsubsubsectionnumber]
system          : mark subsubsubsubsection defined [subsubsubsubsection]
system          : mark subsubsubsubsectionnumber defined [subsubsubsubsectionnu
mber]
system          : mark title defined [title]
system          : mark titlenumber defined [titlenumber]
system          : mark subject defined [subject]
system          : mark subjectnumber defined [subjectnumber]
system          : mark subsubject defined [subsubject]
system          : mark subsubjectnumber defined [subsubjectnumber]
system          : mark subsubsubject defined [subsubsubject]
system          : mark subsubsubjectnumber defined [subsubsubjectnumber]
system          : mark subsubsubsubject defined [subsubsubsubject]
system          : mark subsubsubsubjectnumber defined [subsubsubsubjectnumber]
system          : mark subsubsubsubsubject defined [subsubsubsubsubject]
system          : mark subsubsubsubsubjectnumber defined [subsubsubsubsubjectnu
mber]
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\page-imp.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-tbl.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-int.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-ntb.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-ltb.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\meta-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\meta-pag.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\meta-fig.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-pos.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-snc.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-chi.tex
language        : patterns for cn not loaded
language        : language specific options [default-cn] seamless appended
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\java-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-fld.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-hlp.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-reg.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\font-ini.tex
bodyfont        : style rm (rm definedromanserifregular)
bodyfont        : style ss (ss definedsansserifsanssupport)
bodyfont        : style tt (tt definedteletypetypemono)
bodyfont        : style hw (hw definedhandwritten)
bodyfont        : style cg (cg definedcalligraphic)
bodyfont        : variant unk is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\font-unk.tex))
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\font-uni.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\font-bfm.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\type-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\type-def.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\prop-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\prop-lay.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\prop-mis.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\math-ini.tex
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\math-tex.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\math-ams.tex))
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-fnt.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-not.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-lnt.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-mis.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-fig.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-par.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-box.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\lang-spa.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\xtag-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\xtag-ext.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\xtag-prs.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\xtag-map.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\xtag-exp.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\xtag-pre.tex
color           : palette xtag is available
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\xtag-xsd.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\xtag-rng.tex)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\meta-xml.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\cont-log.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-ini.tex
) (D:\texmf\tex\context\base\core-def.tex
symbols         : loading symbolset mis
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\symb-mis.tex)
symbols         : loading symbolset mvs
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\symb-mvs.tex)
symbols         : loading symbolset glm
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\symb-glm.tex)
symbols         : loading symbolset nav
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\symb-nav.tex))
This package is based on Plain TeX. It uses an adapted version of the
extended mark mechanism of J. Fox (1987) and a few parts of the sidefloat
mechanism of D. Comenetz (1993). Most of D.E. Knuth's Plain TeX
(3.1415926) is available and can be used without problems. This package
uses TaBlE, a package designed and copyrighted by M.J. Wichura (1988).
Only a few auxiliary files are generated, of which some must be processed
by TeXUtil (2003.07.19). The current blockversion is 1996.03.10.

Copyright 1990-2005 / PRAGMA ADE / J. Hagen - A.F. Otten

)
system          : cont-usr loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\config\cont-usr.tex
encoding        : coding fde is loaded
(D:\texmf\tex\context\base\enco-fde.tex
language        : language specific options [default-de] seamless appended
language        : language specific options [default-de] seamless appended
language        : language specific options [default-de] seamless appended
language        : language specific options [pdfdoc-de] seamless appended
language        : language specific options [ec-de] seamless appended
language        : language specific options [texnansi-de] seamless appended
))
language        : patterns en for en loaded (n=1,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\generic\hyphen\hyphen.tex)
language        : no hyphenations en for en (n=1,e=ec,m=ec)
language        : patterns uk for uk loaded (n=2,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-uk.pat)
language        : hyphenations uk for uk loaded (n=2,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-uk.hyp)
language        : patterns de for de loaded (n=3,e=texnansi,m=texnansi)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-de.pat)
language        : hyphenations de for de loaded (n=3,e=texnansi,m=texnansi)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-de.hyp)
language        : patterns de for de loaded (n=4,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-de.pat)
language        : hyphenations de for de loaded (n=4,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-de.hyp)
language        : patterns fr for fr loaded (n=5,e=texnansi,m=texnansi)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-fr.pat)
language        : hyphenations fr for fr loaded (n=5,e=texnansi,m=texnansi)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-fr.hyp)
language        : patterns fr for fr loaded (n=6,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-fr.pat)
language        : hyphenations fr for fr loaded (n=6,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-fr.hyp)
language        : patterns es for es loaded (n=7,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-es.pat)
language        : hyphenations es for es loaded (n=7,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-es.hyp)
language        : patterns pt for pt loaded (n=8,e=texnansi,m=texnansi)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-pt.pat)
language        : hyphenations pt for pt loaded (n=8,e=texnansi,m=texnansi)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-pt.hyp)
language        : patterns pt for pt loaded (n=9,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-pt.pat)
language        : hyphenations pt for pt loaded (n=9,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-pt.hyp)
language        : patterns it for it loaded (n=10,e=texnansi,m=texnansi)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-it.pat)
language        : hyphenations it for it loaded (n=10,e=texnansi,m=texnansi)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-it.hyp)
language        : patterns it for it loaded (n=11,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-it.pat)
language        : hyphenations it for it loaded (n=11,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-it.hyp)
language        : patterns nl for nl loaded (n=12,e=texnansi,m=texnansi)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-nl.pat)
language        : hyphenations nl for nl loaded (n=12,e=texnansi,m=texnansi)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-nl.hyp)
language        : patterns nl for nl loaded (n=13,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-nl.pat)
language        : hyphenations nl for nl loaded (n=13,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-nl.hyp)
language        : patterns cz for cz loaded (n=14,e=il2,m=il2)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-cz.pat)
language        : hyphenations cz for cz loaded (n=14,e=il2,m=il2)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-cz.hyp)
language        : patterns cz for cz loaded (n=15,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-cz.pat)
language        : hyphenations cz for cz loaded (n=15,e=ec,m=ec)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-cz.hyp)
language        : patterns sk for sk loaded (n=16,e=il2,m=il2)
(D:\texmf\tex\context\patterns\lang-sk.pat
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pattern memory ops=2048].
l.2407 5zv4es[tcaron]

@ 2005-06-30  7:01   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-06-30  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Theodosios CHIMONIDIS wrote:

> please advice!

It also says somewhere in your log:

 > ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pattern memory ops=2048].
 > l.2407 5zv4es[tcaron]

See this thread for the solution:

http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20050613.113341.14f0f909.html

Greetings, Taco

* Re: context on miktex update not working
@ 2005-06-30 15:25   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-06-30 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> can someone make me a zip with miktex binaries [pdfetex and mpost cum suis and
> database generator] + miktex config file?

What do you mean by database generator?

MikTeX is available on
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/win32/miktex/tm/packages/. I
don't know what format .cab is, I open it with Total Commander, but
just in case you have problems accessing them, I'm sending a zip file
(off-list) for miktex-metapost-base.cab, miktex-metapost-bin.cab,
miktex-pdfetex.cab and miktex-config.cab. See also
http://www.miktex.org/manual/miktexinilayout.html.

Mojca

* context on miktex update not working
@ 2005-06-25  3:56 piskala upendran
From: piskala upendran @ 2005-06-25  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi all,

I have completely reinstalled the miktex. and changed
the miktex.ini file as follows as suggested by
Taco Hoekwater in the eariler mail.

trie_op_size=35111
   trie_size=250000

now it works alright. I have to only see whether
metafun works ok. in the eariler version all metafun
examples of metafun manual failed.

thanks Hans, willy, xiang for your help.

http://mail.yahoo.com

* context on miktex update not working
@ 2005-06-24 15:33 piskala upendran
From: piskala upendran @ 2005-06-24 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi hans,

I did as you said. but it did all fill farmation. it
stopped formatting latex files and no improvement on
context.

thanks

http://mail.yahoo.com

* context on miktex update not working
@ 2005-06-24  4:24 piskala upendran
From: piskala upendran @ 2005-06-24  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi all

I did use new texexec provided by hans. I did do
texexec --make en metapfun. but there is no
improvement. have missed any details. Can this .tmp
file generated by winedt after compilation of any file
will help.

This .tmp file is talking about mpostbatchswitch.
nothing else. can this be of help to you. otherwise, I
will reinstall miktex completely a fresh

Thanks all.

%tmp file attached------------
% negative.top
\unprotect
\def\MPOSTbatchswitch
{--interaction=batchmode}\def\MPOSTnonstopswitch
{--interaction=nonstopmode}\def\MPOSTformatswitch
{--alias=mpost --translate-file=natural.tcx
--undump=}\setupsystem[\c!directory={H:/}]
\setupsystem[\c!n=1]
\setupsystem[inputfile=negative.tex]
\protect

http://mail.yahoo.com