* Proper kerning of quotations in German
@ 2005-07-21 16:16 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-07-21 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I already noticed that English quotations are much better kerned than
the German (also Slovenian) ones, today I also came across two
articles about this.

http://www.harald-harders.de/latex/lm-kerning-092.pdf
http://www.dante.de/dante/events/eurotex/papers/TUT09.pdf

If I understood it properly, the problem should have been addressed
and solved already.

Is there already any ConTeXt support for it?

German/Slovenian/... can use either guillemots or normal quotation
marks, so if the user wants to use guillemots (which are not the
default), a simple mechanism has to exist, where the kerning is
updated automatically when switching.

Mojca

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-07-21 16:16 UTC | newest]