* Cells table with long text
@ 2005-09-01 22:38 Jilani Khaldi
From: Jilani Khaldi @ 2005-09-01 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,
In a table I have some cells with long text (say 100 chars). How can I
fit the text in a cell having many rows instead of a single line, as it
is done (automatically) in HTML tables? An example will be very helpful.
Thank you.

jk

--
// Jilani KHALDI
http://www.archsf.org

* Re: Cells table with long text
@ 2005-09-03 11:31 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-09-03 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jilani Khaldi wrote:
> Hi All,
> In a table I have some cells with long text (say 100 chars). How can I
> fit the text in a cell having many rows instead of a single line, as it
> is done (automatically) in HTML tables? An example will be very helpful.
> Thank you.

Did the "LaTeX" thread answer your question?

\bTABLE % <table>
  \bTR % <tr>
    \bTD %<td>
    \eTD % </td>
  \eTR % </tr>
\eTABLE % </table>

is optimized to do exactly that and can be used to transform xml
(html) tables into PDF.

Mojca

* Re: Cells table with long text
@ 2005-09-03 13:30   ` Jilani Khaldi
From: Jilani Khaldi @ 2005-09-03 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Did the "LaTeX" thread answer your question?

Yes it did.

>\bTABLE % <table>
>  \bTR % <tr>
>    \bTD %<td>
>    \eTD % </td>
>  \eTR % </tr>
>\eTABLE % </table>
>
>is optimized to do exactly that and can be used to transform xml
>(html) tables into PDF.

This is great! Thank you.

jk

--
// Jilani KHALDI
http://www.archsf.org

* How to put reference to this TABLE?
@ 2005-09-04 22:34   ` Jilani Khaldi
From: Jilani Khaldi @ 2005-09-04 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

How to put a reference, something like  "[tab:sample]{sample table}" to
this table?

\bTABLE
  \bTR
    \bTD Header1 \eTD
    \bTD header2 \eTD
  \eTR
  \bTR
    \bTD Val[1,1] \eTD
    \bTD Val[1,2] \eTD
  \eTR
  \bTR
    \bTD Val[2,1] \eTD
    \bTD Val[2,2] \eTD
  \eTR
\eTABLE

Thanks!

jk

--
// Jilani KHALDI
http://www.archsf.org

* Re: How to put reference to this TABLE?
@ 2005-09-04 22:51     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-09-04 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jilani Khaldi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How to put a reference, something like  "[tab:sample]{sample table}" to
> this table?
>
> \bTABLE
>   \bTR
>     \bTD Header1 \eTD
>     \bTD header2 \eTD
>   \eTR
>   \bTR
>     \bTD Val[1,1] \eTD
>     \bTD Val[1,2] \eTD
>   \eTR
>   \bTR
>     \bTD Val[2,1] \eTD
>     \bTD Val[2,2] \eTD
>   \eTR
> \eTABLE

\placetable[here][tab:sample]{sample table}{ % braces needed
\bTABLE
\eTABLE
}

In table \in[tab:sample] \dots