* Antykwa math support & \Longrightarrow
@ 2005-08-29 22:35 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-08-29 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

a slightly strange question. I re-compiled a pretty old ConTeXt
document a couple of days ago. In the "old good times" it was typeset
with
    \setupbodyfont[ant,18pt]
and an equation with $a\Longrightarrow b$.

Apparently math support was added inbetween. I'm not asking for any
backward compatibility at all (my system behaves pretty strange
anyway), I would only like to know the most elegant way to keep
Antykwa for "a" and "b" in the example above, but to use a
latin-modern arrow.

I'm sorry, I wasn't able to reproduce the result anywhere else (each
of the three distributions where I can try out ConTeXt is behaving
differently), so I temporary uploded the files to
http://pub.mojca.org/tex/ant/.

And the second question: Why does this code below fail? It wotks ok
for texnansi, but not for ec:

\usetypescript[antykwa-torunska][ec]
\definetypeface[MyAnt] [rm] [serif] [antykwa-torunska]  [default] [encoding=ec]
\setupbodyfont[MyAnt,10pt]
\starttext
abc\ccaron
\stoptext

Thank you very much,
    Mojca

* Re: Antykwa math support & \Longrightarrow
@ 2005-08-30  8:39 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-08-30  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a slightly strange question. I re-compiled a pretty old ConTeXt
> document a couple of days ago. In the "old good times" it was typeset
> with
>     \setupbodyfont[ant,18pt]
> and an equation with $a\Longrightarrow b$.

If you don't mind switching full fonts, you could do this:

   \starttypescript [math] [antykwa-torunska] [name]
     \definefontsynonym [MathRoman]        [ComputerModernMath-Roman]
     \definefontsynonym [MathExtension]    [ComputerModernMath-Extension]
     %  \definefontsynonym [MathItalic]       [ComputerModernMath-Italic]
     \definefontsynonym [MathSymbol]       [ComputerModernMath-Symbol]
   \stoptypescript

but there is more in the MathItalic fonts than just letters, so it
may produce un-even effects (I'm slowly getting better at this
typescript stuff :-))

If you want more detailed control, you have to load extra math
font families and redefine selected bits of the math collection
(see font-unk.tex and math-tex.tex)

> \usetypescript[antykwa-torunska][ec]
> \definetypeface[MyAnt] [rm] [serif] [antykwa-torunska]  [default] [encoding=ec]
> \setupbodyfont[MyAnt,10pt]
> \starttext
> abc\ccaron
> \stoptext

This example worked for me. What was your precise error ?

Cheers, Taco

* Re: Antykwa math support & \Longrightarrow
@ 2005-09-05  0:53   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-09-05  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > a slightly strange question. I re-compiled a pretty old ConTeXt
> > document a couple of days ago. In the "old good times" it was typeset
> > with
> >     \setupbodyfont[ant,18pt]
> > and an equation with $a\Longrightarrow b$.
>
> If you don't mind switching full fonts, you could do this:
>
>    \starttypescript [math] [antykwa-torunska] [name]
>      \definefontsynonym [MathRoman]        [ComputerModernMath-Roman]
>      \definefontsynonym [MathExtension]    [ComputerModernMath-Extension]
>      %  \definefontsynonym [MathItalic]       [ComputerModernMath-Italic]
>      \definefontsynonym [MathSymbol]       [ComputerModernMath-Symbol]
>    \stoptypescript

Thank you. This does exactly what I wanted on my computer (no idea
what to do anywhere else). However - how do you switch full fonts? On
live.contextgarden.net I tried to use

    \definetypeface[MyAnt] [mm] [math] [antykwa-torunska]  [default]
    \setupbodyfont[MyAnt]

which works for latin-modern, but not for antykwa-torunska inside the
fourth brackets. Does this belong to the category of your last answer
"wait for the new version" or is there anything else I'm missing here?

Thank you,
    Mojca

Grrrr ... those fonts are just too annoying. And they behave
differently for every single combination of the machine & OS &
(Con)TeX(t) distribution & monkey sitting behing the computer ;)