Michal Kvasnička wrote: > What's the problem? The old pdfetex? How can I upgrade it without > reinstalling the whole SuSE system? I wouldn't mind to reject the teTeX > and use Pragma's mimimum TeX distribution, but it does'nt include > Metafont and I still need some .mf bitmapped fonts. The official rpms are under ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/ (but you probably already know that). If you don't succeed to "make" and if you would like to use teTeX 3.0, try if rpm --i tetex-3.0-13.i586.rpm on ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.3/suse/i586/tetex-3.0-13.i586.rpm fails or not. Perhaps you have some luck and it will work. (I just installed some packeges from an older CD and it worked.) Btw, Suse 10.0 contains not only the latest teTeX, but also the latest ConTeX, which is a kind of miracle!!! Minimal distribution doesn't mean that you have to throw the existing distribution away. It's pretty isolated and works well for most cases - it usually completely ignores the existing distribution and you can use the minimal ConTeXt without root/administrator privileges. All you have to do is to extract the files for minimal distribution to any folder and run setuptex (each time you go to the shell, but you can add a line to .[someshell]rc). ... Unless you need metafont for generating your ConTeXt documents. Mojca