* accents inside text mode inside math
@ 2005-10-20 14:06 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-10-20 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

thera were some problems concerning accented characters in math (mathml)
a while ago (as far as I remember they were solved). But some tiny bugs
apparently remained there.

Minimal example:
	$\cases{&\ccaron}$

Mojca

* Re: accents inside text mode inside math
@ 2005-11-09 12:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-09 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Hello,
>
> thera were some problems concerning accented characters in math
> (mathml) a while ago (as far as I remember they were solved). But some
> tiny bugs apparently remained there.
>
> Minimal example:
>     $\cases{&\ccaron}$

is there a problem in the ec vector? compare:

\ccaron $\cases{&\ccaron \fontname\font}$ \quad $\cases{&\tf\ccaron
\fontname\font}$

\setupencoding[default=texnansi]
\definetypeface[xxx][rm][serif][modern][default][encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface[xxx][mm][math] [modern][default][encoding=texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[xxx,12pt]

\ccaron $\cases{&\ccaron \fontname\font}$ \quad $\cases{&\tf\ccaron
\fontname\font}$

\stoptext

* Re: accents inside text mode inside math
@ 2005-11-09 13:17   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-09 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> thera were some problems concerning accented characters in math
>> (mathml) a while ago (as far as I remember they were solved). But some
>> tiny bugs apparently remained there.
>>
>> Minimal example:
>>     $\cases{&\ccaron}$
>

> is there a problem in the ec vector? compare:

Not exactly a problem. The texnansi ones work thanks to the
(semi-)coincidence that the accent-part of the font encoding
is identical to Knuthian encoding, and that simply doesn't work
for less knuthian encodings like ec, where this is not the
case.

Perhaps you have to introduce a macro like  \buildmathaccent ...

Taco

* Re: accents inside text mode inside math
@ 2005-11-09 15:54     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-09 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> thera were some problems concerning accented characters in math
>>> (mathml) a while ago (as far as I remember they were solved). But
>>> some tiny bugs apparently remained there.
>>>
>>> Minimal example:
>>>     $\cases{&\ccaron}$
>>

>> is there a problem in the ec vector? compare:
>

> Not exactly a problem. The texnansi ones work thanks to the
> (semi-)coincidence that the accent-part of the font encoding
> is identical to Knuthian encoding, and that simply doesn't work
> for less knuthian encodings like ec, where this is not the
> case.
>
> Perhaps you have to introduce a macro like  \buildmathaccent ...

actually, \cases{&\tf \ccaron}$ works ok

* Re: accents inside text mode inside math
@ 2005-11-09 16:16       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-09 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:

> actually, \cases{&\tf \ccaron}$ works ok

Without the \tf, \characterencoding is '@default@' instead
of '@ec@'. Does that help pinpoint the problem?

Taco

* Re: accents inside text mode inside math
@ 2005-11-09 19:43         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-09 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>> actually, \cases{&\tf \ccaron}$ works ok
>

> Without the \tf, \characterencoding is '@default@' instead
> of '@ec@'. Does that help pinpoint the problem?

this seems to work, the problem is that there is no \everyfam

\starttext

\def\enableencodinginmath
  {\appendtoks
     \everyhbox{\mr\everyhbox\emptytoks}%
     \everyvbox{\mr\everyvbox\emptytoks}%
   \to \everymath}

\enableencodinginmath

$\cases{& \ccaron}$

$x=\hbox{\ccaron$x=\hbox{\ccaron}$}$

\stoptext

* Re: accents inside text mode inside math
@ 2005-11-11 14:25           ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-11-11 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can't (don't know how to) mix into the discussion any more, but I
would like to thank you for investigating the problem.

Thanks,
    Mojca