* URLs and online contents with BibTeX in ConTeXt
@ 2005-11-16 12:09 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2005-11-16 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

What is the preferred way to insert URLs and references to online
contents with the bibtex module for ConTeXt?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: URLs and online contents with BibTeX in ConTeXt
@ 2005-11-16 19:22 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-16 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> What is the preferred way to insert URLs and references to online
> contents with the bibtex module for ConTeXt?

The beta has a \url field, as well a u= key to \startpublication.

My mind is not on the bib module right now, so it would take me a
long time to write down the current state, so I'd rather ask you
to look for the beta messages in the mailing list archives at
contextgarden.

Also, keep in mind that the future 'preferred way' is at least
in part dictated by user requests :-)

Cheers, Taco

* Re: URLs and online contents with BibTeX in ConTeXt
@ 2005-11-17  2:56   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-11-17  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> > What is the preferred way to insert URLs and references to online
> > contents with the bibtex module for ConTeXt?
>
> The beta has a \url field, as well a u= key to \startpublication.

I'm not sure if my version of the module is exactly the same as the
latest beta, but the module should be able to handle request such as

\startpublication[k=pragma,
	t=article, % I sometimes use "webpage"
	a=Hans]
\url{http://www.pragma-ade.com} % or u= inside the square brackets
\lastchecked{some date}
\stoppublication

and then you can produce the url with \cite[url][pragma]. Currently
there's no support for hyperlinks yet. It would be great if \cite[url]
would give directly the hyperlinked version of the url (perhaps there
could be an option for web addresses: active=yes|no), but Taco
mentioned a while ago that the module would need quite some rewriting
in order to support that.

However, currently you can get active links with something like this:

\getcitedata [url] [pragma] to \pragmaascii
\useURL[bibpragma][\pragmaascii]
\from[bibpragma]

Mojca