Please, put this example on the wiki (together with some sample images that can be created, with or without some cheating). The community would be greatful for that. > Hans, Taco, et al, > > This is getting pretty close to the limit of my expertise. The good > stuff of it is stolen from Metafun and mp-func.mp. > > Because of the way I handle clipping the path, > > p:=p cutbefore cpath; > p:=reverse p; > p:=p cutbefore cpath; > > this will only work on functions (like lines, quadratics, and > polynomials, maybe sinusoids) that both enter and leave the region > inside the clipping path. If I understand it properly (that you only want to draw the content inside the square, while the function may be a circle or something lying completely outside the region), you could also use something like clip currentpicture to cpath; although you may have to change the code that draws double arrow then. Mojca