On 1/8/06, Peter Münster wrote: > On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, Peter Münster wrote: > > > \usemodule[symb-eur] > > \def\SomeEuros{\blank[small] normal \texteuro, {\sl slanted \texteuro}, > > {\bf bold \texteuro}, {\bs bold slanted \texteuro} > > {\tt tt \texteuro}, {\bf\tt bold tt \texteuro}} > > \starttext > > \ss here some sans euros: \SomeEuros \blank[big] > > \rm and here I want the same (sans, but they are serif): \SomeEuros > > \stoptext > > Of course, I can do > \let\texteuroO\texteuro > \def\texteuro{{\ss\texteuroO}} > the question is just: what is the ConTeXt-way to do it. I don't have the fonts that are used by symb-eur, so I can't test your file, but my guess is that: - if you only want the official euro symbol, don't even load the package (but euro may not fit well with the font you're using) - if you would like to keep slanted/bold version of the font and if symb-eur satisfies your needs except that you want the sans version, one possibility is to rewrite the package: A long version is to change: \definefontsynonym [EuroSerif] [eurose] \definefontsynonym [EuroSerifBold] [euroseb] \definefontsynonym [EuroSerifItalic] [eurosei] \definefontsynonym [EuroSerifSlanted] [eurosei] \definefontsynonym [EuroSerifBoldItalic] [eurosebi] \definefontsynonym [EuroSerifBoldSlanted] [eurosebi] into: \definefontsynonym [EuroSerif] [EuroSans] \definefontsynonym [EuroSerifBold] [EuroSansBold] \definefontsynonym [EuroSerifItalic] [EuroSansItalic] \definefontsynonym [EuroSerifSlanted] [EuroSansSlanted] \definefontsynonym [EuroSerifBoldItalic] [EuroSansBoldItalic] \definefontsynonym [EuroSerifBoldSlanted] [EuroSansBoldSlanted] An alternative to the command you provided (but with the same functionality and approximately just as long as yours): % \startencoding[default] % don't know if this is needed or not \definecharacter texteuro {{\ss\symbol[euro]}} % \stopencoding Mojca