From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie question ConText
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:23:23 +0100	[thread overview]

Wim Neimeijer wrote:
> - First I would like to know the most recent stable version of ConText and
> where to get it.

MikTeX alredy includes the latest version (2006.01.13): if you
installed or updated after the 14th, you should already have the
newest one installed. There are always some bugs left in there, but
the version is just as stable as it gets.

However, here's where you can grab the latest files at any time:
http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-1.htm

> - Looking at the logs of some of the runs e.g. compiling the MetaFun manual,
> I am running into font problems.
> Error messages like : maketfm : No creation rule for font
> "ComputerModernSans-Bold"  pop up.

In type-syn.tex the following definitions:
\starttypescript [sans] [modern,computer-modern,latin-modern] [name]
  \definefontsynonym [Sans]             [ComputerModernSans]
  \definefontsynonym [SansBold]         [ComputerModernSans-Bold]
\stoptypescript

could be better replaced by the LatinModern alternatives I guess, but
there's another definition in type-enc.tex, which should fix that:

\starttypescript [sans] [modern,computer-modern,latin-modern] % [default]
  \definefontsynonym [ComputerModernSans]             [LMSans-Regular]
  \definefontsynonym [ComputerModernSans-Italic]      [LMSans-Oblique]
\stoptypescript

I wonder why these definitions aren't loaded. I run into other
problems when compiling, so I have no idea at which place this fails.
Can you copy-paste the last ten lines (it's difficult to copy from
command line, but if you use the right mouse button and some
imagination, you can have some luck)?

Which ConTeXt version are you using (texexec --version)?

Mojca