* placefigure & headers topframe interactions
@ 2006-01-26 18:58 Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-01-26 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I use in my document:

\setupbackgrounds[header][text][bottomframe=on]
\setupbackgrounds[footer][text][topframe=on]

in order to obtain black rules. Since I don't want the topframe on in
the chapter's first pages, I use in setuphead the option header=high...

It works if I have only text in my document, but when I use
\placefigure[here][fig:afigref]{A dummy label}{\externalfigure[dummy]}
to include METAFUN or pdf graphics, I obtain a black rule (topframe) on
top of the first page of the next chapter... Seems very strange... I
tried to solve the problem but, unfortunately, without success !

Any idea ?

* Re: placefigure & headers topframe interactions
@ 2006-01-28 18:30 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-01-28 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/26/06, Renaud AUBIN <aubin@nibua-r.org> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>  I use in my document:
>
>  \setupbackgrounds[header][text][bottomframe=on]
>  \setupbackgrounds[footer][text][topframe=on]
>
>  in order to obtain black rules. Since I don't want the topframe on in the
> chapter's first pages, I use in setuphead the option header=high...
>
>  It works if I have only text in my document, but when I use
> \placefigure[here][fig:afigref]{A dummy
> label}{\externalfigure[dummy]} to include METAFUN or pdf graphics, I obtain
> a black rule (topframe) on top of the first page of the next chapter...
> Seems very strange... I tried to solve the problem but, unfortunately,
> without success !

I don't know how to deal with the behaviour you describe, but one way
to get rid of headers on the first page is

\starttext
\startstandardmakeup
title page
\stopstandardmakeup