From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: metafun: problems, problems & problems again
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 00:20:32 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello,

This metafun will soon drive me crazy.

1. I can't make textext work

Once upon a time I only had problems in MikTeX, now standone is
causing me problems as well. I have:
- write18 / -shell-escape enabled
- \runMPgraphicstrue
  \runMPTEXgraphicstrue
  \useMETAFUNformattrue
  \protectbufferstrue
  enabled (I don't know where to look further).
But I still get no figures at all under MikTeX and "undefined" labels
with the standalone.

2. mptopdf doesn't work under MikTeX (as already mentioned), but
that's not so critical since I can still use texmfstart or write my
own .bat file to run it

3. metafun reformats the whole metapost source (including that in
verbatin) and so you can never predict what will come out; often the
TeX commands fail to work and while it's possible to easily debug
plain metapost sources, metafun swallows most of the error warnings
somehow, so you don't get any output, but no error reports either.

4. I have problems with \loadfontfilesoncetrue. I searched through
mailing list archives and found out that that problems was already
present in 2002 and that someone solved it by deleting all ConTeXt
files from MikTeX. I don't understand why since I have fresh MikTeX
distribution on the computer, but I'll try that.

5. I hoped to be able to use gnuplot with context terminal, but the
file I produced crashes pdfetex 1.30.3--2.2 (in stand-alone distro).
1.21a under MikTeX doesn't crash, but since there is no output it
might be that the older version never gets to the point where it would
crash. A very rare event. The files that make the pdftex crash are
located here: http://pub.mojca.org/gnuplot/pdftex-crash/

Thanks a lot for any help & suggestions,
    Mojca