From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Closing PDF file at each run
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:02:47 +0100	[thread overview]

On 2/27/06, Hooman Javidnia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When compiling a file in SciTE using F7, if the file, is already open in
> Adobe Acrobat, the compilation stops and asks for a new file name to write
> the PDF file to. I think the normal behavior would be to automatically
> close the current instance of the file in Acrobat and compile it again.

This is not the answer to your question, but perhaps it could help you.

I started using GhostView for viewing my own PDF files. It doesn't
lock the file, it refreshes the view each time the file changes and
keeps the document open on the same page & position with the same
magnification.

So if you're working on page 137 of your document and need proper
magnification, you don't need to close the document, compile, open, go
to page 137, adjust magnification and repeat this step again each time
you make some change.

Mojca