From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Changing font size
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 18:53:39 +0100	[thread overview]

On 3/19/06, David Arnold wrote:
> All,
>
> I have this:
>
> \startMPpage %figure library name: sec3q1
> %label extrema
> dotlabel.top(btex Local Maximum etex, (-3.2,f(-3.2)) xyscaled (ux,uy));
> dotlabel.bot(btex Local Minimum etex, (3.2,f(3.2)) xyscaled (ux,uy));
>
> \stopMPpage
>
> What I'd like to do is typeset those "Local Maximum" and "Local
> Minimum" in the defaultfont at a size 2 pts smaller than the default.
> Any easy way to do this?

I would use either
    btex \tfx Local Maximum etex
or
    btex Local Maximum etex scaled 0.9

This scales down the font, although not for 2 points. (Do you really
need exaclty two points?)

Perhaps it is possible to figure out the default font size and use
something like
    btex \switchtobodyfont["some strange expression meaning
<currentbodyfont - 2pt>"] etex
or to (mis)use the "infont" command in metapost or to write the proper
magic expression as the argument to "scaled", but I'm only guesing
here.

Mojca