* Different pagebreaks for component and whole document
@ 2006-04-02  6:00 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-04-02  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
  I have run into a strange kind of a problem and I am not sure on how
to debug to figure out what is going wrong. Maybe someone with more
experience with context can help me here.

I have the following document structure

project: main.tex
environment:env_main.tex
products: assignments.tex
           handouts.tex

project: assignments.tex
components:assignment-01.tex
            assignment-02.tex
  and so on

project: handouts.tex
component: handout-01.tex
            handout-02.tex
and so on.

Each component starts with \title which does a page break. There are
no local setups in any component. I expected that each component will
be typed out in the same manner, whether I compile the a component,
a product or the entire project. It turns out this is not the case.

The first page of handout-01.tex is different when I compile the
project (main.tex). The pagebreak is set at a different place and I
get ugly page break at the end. If I compile handouts.tex or
handout-01.tex, the page breaks are same and there is no ugly
pagebreak at the end.

Is it possible that such a behaviour is due to the length of the
document. main.pdf is 105 pages long, while handout-01.pdf is 4 pages
and handouts.pdf is 14 pages. It seems that due to the large length of
main.pdf, context is not trying hard enough to get good page break.
Even a manual \page[disable] does not prevent the ugly pagebreak for
main.tex.

I am totally confused by this behaviour. Any explainations or
suggestions?

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008