From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec@campus.lmu.de>
Subject: Re: t-greek and german "Umlaute"
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 22:40:16 +0200	[thread overview]

On 5/7/06, Ludwig Meier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to include text in classical greek in a german ConTeXt
> document. The "t-greek"-package works very well, but now there's a
> problem: ConTeXt does not understand german "Umlaute" and german
> quotationmarks any more.

The Greek module does quite some settings which modify the meaning of
active characters like the one for quotes and umlauts (so that they
work OK for Greek), font encoding is redefined to suit greek texts as
well.

(I though that there was a file t-greek, but now I see only t-oldgreek
and ancientgreek in modules.contextgarden.net.)

I don't know if this should be fixed or not (I guess that the greek
settings could be made local, so that the rest of text still works as
usual), but in any case I would use:
- \quotation{for quotation marks} for many reasons
- literally äöü for "umlauts". I used to use " and \v long time ago as
well, but then I wanted to have spellchecking and such, so I abandoned
that completely. I'm still alergic to plenty of (new) books explaining
how to use \v without ever mentioning that Unicode and other encodings
can be used as well.

Die deutschen Umlaute funktionieren so (ä, ö und ü). Auch deutsche
\quotation{Anführungszeichen} funktionieren perfekt!

Mojca

> Greetings from Munich,

Greeting to Munich (one of the best places in the world)!