* Possible users meeting?
@ 2006-05-15 12:55 Taco Hoekwater
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-05-15 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

On the trip to (and from) Bachotek, Hans and I have discussed a
great many topics related to ConTeXt.

One of the things we discussed was this: If there is sufficient
interest, we could organize a ConTeXt (mini)conference.

Tentative programme:

   friday night   : arrivals
   saturday       : talks
   sunday         : talks/tutorials/workshops
   monday morning : early departures
   monday         : developer meetings & more tutorials

We are thinking about spring 2007 (March or April).

The meeting place would be the south of the Netherlands,  close to
Maastricht Aachen Airport. We cannot say how much it would cost
without a better idea of number of attendees/programme, but we will
try to keep the costs low.

Some stuff we really want to know, so we can make a final decision:

   * are you interested in such a meeting?
     ("no" is also an interesting answer!)

   * would you be willing to give a talk or tutorial?
     (Hans and I cannot talk for three days straight)

   * are you happy with planning/programme?
     (any special requests about topics?)

NOTE: In the interest of email traffic control we request that if you
only reply "yes" or "no", then please reply to me *personally*, and
no to the entire list.  Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Taco
(also talking for Hans)