* Learning
@ 2006-05-30 10:29 Johan Blixt-Dackhammar
From: Johan Blixt-Dackhammar @ 2006-05-30 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm trying to learn ConTeXt and has so far read parts of the manuals
available on the website (http://www.pragma-ade.com). However, I feel
that these manuals only give me a quite limited knowledge.

Therefore I wonder if there are any chance that the source code for
some advanced documents are available on the internet. Some of the
really well designed manuals (eg. "XML in ConTeXt", "Charts in
ConTeXt" and "ConTeXt - an excursion") or other documents with a high
level of design.

On to another subject, I'm having trouble using the chart module. I
get no errors while typesetting, but the flowcharts doesn't show up.
The only command that showed anything among the ones I tried was
\FLOWchart[grid]. Has the commands changed since the chart
manual("Charts uncovered") was written?

-Johan

* Learning
@ 2006-05-30 14:32 ` Johan Blixt-Dackhammar
From: Johan Blixt-Dackhammar @ 2006-05-30 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm trying to learn ConTeXt and has so far read parts of the manuals
available on the website (http://www.pragma-ade.com). However, I feel
that these manuals only give me a quite limited knowledge.

Therefore I wonder if there are any chance that the source code for
some advanced documents are available on the internet. Some of the
really well designed manuals (eg. "XML in ConTeXt", "Charts in
ConTeXt" and "ConTeXt - an excursion") or other documents with a high
level of design.

On to another subject, I'm having trouble using the chart module. I
get no errors while typesetting, but the flowcharts doesn't show up.
The only command that showed anything among the ones I tried was
\FLOWchart[grid]. Has the commands changed since the chart
manual("Charts uncovered") was written?

-Johan

* Re: Learning
@ 2006-05-30 15:25 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-05-30 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/30/06, Johan Blixt-Dackhammar wrote:

> Therefore I wonder if there are any chance that the source code for
> some advanced documents are available on the internet. Some of the
> really well designed manuals (eg. "XML in ConTeXt", "Charts in
> ConTeXt" and "ConTeXt - an excursion") or other documents with a high
> level of design.

On http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Official_ConTeXt_Documentation you
have some links on the top of the pabe (probably not so well visible).
You can either use SVN from svn://ctx.pragma-ade.nl/manuals
(http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ can help you on Windows) or download
them from Taco's mirror ([http://context.aanhet.net/svn/).

Not all the manuals are available there, but it should be enough for beginning.

Mojca

* Re: Learning
@ 2006-05-30 17:11   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2006-05-30 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Johan,

Johan Blixt-Dackhammar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to learn ConTeXt and has so far read parts of the manuals
> available on the website (http://www.pragma-ade.com). However, I feel
> that these manuals only give me a quite limited knowledge.
>
> Therefore I wonder if there are any chance that the source code for
> some advanced documents are available on the internet. Some of the
> really well designed manuals (eg. "XML in ConTeXt", "Charts in
> ConTeXt" and "ConTeXt - an excursion") or other documents with a high
> level of design.

As Mojca mentioned ...
> On to another subject, I'm having trouble using the chart module. I
> get no errors while typesetting, but the flowcharts doesn't show up.
> The only command that showed anything among the ones I tried was
> \FLOWchart[grid]. Has the commands changed since the chart
> manual("Charts uncovered") was written?

In order to get the grid, you need to set the option test and tell how
the grid should look like:

\usemodule[chart]

\starttext
\setupFLOWcharts