From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Cc: Piotr Kopszak <kopszak@mnw.art.pl>
Subject: Re: tex4ht and utf-8
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 03:16:01 +0200	[thread overview]

On 6/12/06, Piotr Kopszak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It seems tex4ht's ConTeXt support is in the very early infancy, but I
> was able to convert a simple ConTeXt file into acceptable html using
> "htcontext" command. The only problem is encoding. Is there any way to
> get the same utf-8 encoding as in the source file?
>
> Piotr

Do the following three things:
- update your ConTeXt
- make sure that (recent!) LM fonts are installed
- (I might have an old 4ht on my half-broken MikTeX, so please excuse
me if this is not the case: if you don't have the file
tex4ht/ht-fonts/unicode/lm/ec-.htf, rename
tex4ht/ht-fonts/unicode/lm/cork-.htf into it and replace all the
strings "cork" with "ec")

I created the file without playing with style or whatever, just using
    texexec --dvip filename.tex
    tex4hf -t filename.dvi
but at least the encoding seems OK to me (it would be better to use
literal characters, but the output in browser looks OK).

Thanks for the question. I never thought that tex4ht worked on the
basis of dvi files. But then again: if you take a closer look to how
context.4ht looks like, you might loose the hope that you just gained
a couple of moments before. (If someone would maintain it, it would be
doable, but without a serious maintainer it's difficult to get
anywhere beyond the very basic support.)

Although your tex4ht might be the latest one, context.4ht dates back
to the times of Dutch interface, so it's not really useful for
anything [yet].

Mojca