* tex4ht and utf-8
@ 2006-06-12 11:45 Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2006-06-12 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

It seems tex4ht's ConTeXt support is in the very early infancy, but I
was able to convert a simple ConTeXt file into acceptable html using
"htcontext" command. The only problem is encoding. Is there any way to
get the same utf-8 encoding as in the source file?

Piotr

[-- Attachment #2: testgu.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 684 bytes --]

% hello4ht.tex  -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
\enableregime[utf]
\starttext

\chapter{Ładnie}

\input tufte

\subject{Nieładnie}

Francuski dziennik Le Monde wczorajszy występ Polaków opisuje
konkludując, şe polskie niezdecydowanie skontrastowało z uporem i
konsekwencją Ekwadorczyków. Hiszpański El Pais teş nie pozostaje nam
dłuşny pisząc, şe Ekwador wywiódł w pole słabą reprezentację
Polski. Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung pisze, Ĺźe ``jeszcze polska nie
zginęła, ale juş przed drugim meczem Mundialu przeciwko Niemcom polska
druşyna znalazła się pod wielką presją''.

\stoptext

* Re: tex4ht and utf-8
@ 2006-06-16  8:37 ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-06-16  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I have never used tex4ht. Maybe I should: I don't know what it is  and
so I'm converting conTeXt 2 html with my hand-cooked python script.
I'm using html as a middle step from conTeXt to rtf/doc in case I' have
to share documents.
Actually I'm having no  problem saving .tex source as UTF-8, and
declaring utf-8 in the html.

(I'm using TeXShop on Macosx)

Here's an example:

http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/testUTF.zip

-a-

On 12 Jun 2006, at 13:45, Piotr Kopszak wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It seems tex4ht's ConTeXt support is in the very early infancy, but I
> was able to convert a simple ConTeXt file into acceptable html using
> "htcontext" command. The only problem is encoding. Is there any way to
> get the same utf-8 encoding as in the source file?
>
> Piotr
> <testgu.tex>_______________________________________________
> ntg-context mailing list
> ntg-context@ntg.nl

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea
andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: tex4ht and utf-8
@ 2006-06-16  9:24   ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-06-16  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here's your file coverted by my Champollion script.
Doesn't display correctly on my browser but source seems to be ok (but
Polish is a bit complex for me...)

Best

-a-

On 16 Jun 2006, at 10:37, andrea

[-- Attachment #2: testgu.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 816 bytes --]

@ 2006-06-17  1:16 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-06-17  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Piotr Kopszak