* beta: problems including a figure without providing explicit dimensions
@ 2006-09-07 14:36 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-09-07 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have no idea which version I had installed before that, but after
upgrading to the latest beta and using an image filename.pdf the
following creates an error:
    \externalfigure[filename]
(worked OK before), while
    \externalfigure[filename][width=3cm]
works OK.

Here's the log:

figures         : dimensions of KI are determined externally
Error: PDF version 1.6 -- xpdf supports version 1.5 (continuing anyway)

Warning: pdftex.exe (file ./img/uni-lj.pdf): pdf inclusion: found pdf version <
1.6>, but at most version <1.5> allowed
 <./img/uni-lj.pdf
Warning: pdftex.exe (file ./img/uni-lj.pdf): pdf inclusion: Page Group detected
 which pdfTeX can't handle. Ignoring it.

figures         : dimensions of uni-lj are determined externally
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   @
\finalscaleboxwidth ->@
                       @efwidth
\prepackageexternalfigureobject ...lscaleboxwidth
                                                  \global \ht \foundexternal...

\calculateexternalfigure ...eexternalfigureobject
                                                  \pushpublicfigurevariables...
<argument> ...setfigure ][\s!dummy ][uni-lj][][][]
                                                  \calculateexternalscreenfi...

\firstofoneargument #1->#1

l.120   \hfill

Thanks,
    Mojca

* Re: beta: problems including a figure without providing explicit dimensions
@ 2006-09-07 15:50 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-07 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have no idea which version I had installed before that, but after
> upgrading to the latest beta and using an image filename.pdf the
> following creates an error:
>     \externalfigure[filename]
> (worked OK before), while
>     \externalfigure[filename][width=3cm]
> works OK.

a unfinished optimization, i'll fix it

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-09-07 16:03   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-07 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have no idea which version I had installed before that, but after
>> upgrading to the latest beta and using an image filename.pdf the
>> following creates an error:
>>     \externalfigure[filename]
>> (worked OK before), while
>>     \externalfigure[filename][width=3cm]
>> works OK.
>>

> a unfinished optimization, i'll fix it

repaired

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-09-07 17:25     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-09-07 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/7/06, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
> > Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have no idea which version I had installed before that, but after
> >> upgrading to the latest beta and using an image filename.pdf the
> >> following creates an error:
> >>     \externalfigure[filename]
> >> (worked OK before), while
> >>     \externalfigure[filename][width=3cm]
> >> works OK.
> >>

> > a unfinished optimization, i'll fix it
> >
> repaired

Thank you, now it works again!

But since you seem to be in good mood for testing at the moment: can
you please take a look at the following "disappearing-image-problem":

\setupcolumns
	[n=3,balance=no]
\setuplayout
	[grid=yes,columns=3]

\showgrid

\starttext

\startcolumns
\section{Something}

\dorecurse{3}{\input tufte $$a^2+b^2=c^2$$}
\placefigure[force]{title}{\scale[width=\textwidth]{abcd}}
\stopcolumns

\stoptext

\scale[width=.8\textwidth] work OK, but without that the figure simply
disappears.

Thanks a lot,
    Mojca