* xetex and metapost
@ 2006-09-16 12:54 Alex Lubberts
From: Alex Lubberts @ 2006-09-16 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

After switching to `XeConTeXt' my file with MP graphics (which ran fine
before) results in errors. I include a .mp-file like:

\startuseMPgraphic{dia1}
  input Diagram1 ;
\stopuseMPgraphic
\placefigure{Comment}{\externalfigure[Diagram1.1]}

When I run ConTeXt a file test-mprun.mp is created containing:

[...]
defaultfont:="'Minion Pro:mapping=tex-text;
+onum;
+pnum'";
defaultscale:=12.0pt/10pt;
[...]

which of course is responsible for the errors. Does anyone know how to
solve this?

Greetings,
Alex Lubberts

* Re: xetex and metapost
@ 2006-09-16 14:50 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-16 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alex Lubberts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After switching to `XeConTeXt' my file with MP graphics (which ran fine
> before) results in errors. I include a .mp-file like:
>
> \startuseMPgraphic{dia1}
>   input Diagram1 ;
> \stopuseMPgraphic
> \placefigure{Comment}{\externalfigure[Diagram1.1]}
>
> When I run ConTeXt a file test-mprun.mp is created containing:
>
> [...]
> defaultfont:="'Minion Pro:mapping=tex-text;
> +onum;
> +pnum'";
> defaultscale:=12.0pt/10pt;
> [...]
>
> which of course is responsible for the errors. Does anyone know how to
> solve this?

hm, tricky, one option is to use the \sometxt (see older posts)
mechanism which will keep font handling entirely inside tex

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: xetex and metapost
@ 2006-09-16 15:42   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-09-16 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/16/06, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Alex Lubberts wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After switching to `XeConTeXt' my file with MP graphics (which ran fine
> > before) results in errors. I include a .mp-file like:
> >
> > \startuseMPgraphic{dia1}
> >   input Diagram1 ;
> > \stopuseMPgraphic
> > \placefigure{Comment}{\externalfigure[Diagram1.1]}
> >
> > When I run ConTeXt a file test-mprun.mp is created containing:
> >
> > [...]
> > defaultfont:="'Minion Pro:mapping=tex-text;
> > +onum;
> > +pnum'";
> > defaultscale:=12.0pt/10pt;
> > [...]
> >
> > which of course is responsible for the errors. Does anyone know how to
> > solve this?
> >
> hm, tricky, one option is to use the \sometxt (see older posts)
> mechanism which will keep font handling entirely inside tex

One of the problems is also that textext results in calling pdftex
instead of XeTeX (I never managed to get textext working under XeTeX,
but I didn't want to complain too much about it), but "draw
\sometxt{something}" is working perfectly and would be my choice for
this anyway (unless you really need to put something special in those
labels, but ask on the list again if you don't know how to handle it).

Then you don't need to take care of font switching inside of the
graphic, you just switch the font in your document.

Mojca