From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: itemize and placefigure
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 02:15:05 +0200	[thread overview]

On 10/3/06, plink wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as soon as I put a placefigure in an \item paragraph, the whole
> paragraph starts one line below the stopper. Is this a conceptual issue
> or just a weirdness?
>
> What is the best way to start at the same height? I couldn´t find
> anything in the wiki or the details ...
>
> As an example, see:
>
> \starttext
>
> \startitemize
> \item \input tufte
> \item \placefigure[right,none]{}{\framed[height=1cm]{foo bar}}
> \input tufte
> \item \input tufte
> \stopitemize
>
> \stopttext

\placefigure will always start a new paragraph, but usually you don't
notice that since you want it in a separate paragraph anyway. It has
to do with boxes, although I have no idea how exactly Hans implemented
"itemize/itemgroup" environment.

You can help yourself a bit by using
    \item \strut\vskip -\lineheight\placefigure...

although there should be a better solution. (I would agree that the
empty line makes no sense in that "special case" and should better
disappear, but I have no right to judge about how serious "backward
compatibility issue" that is and how difficult it would be to fix it
without breaking the behaviour in other "special cases") Hopefully
someone on the list will be able to help you better.

Mojca