From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Help --- Arithmetic Overflow: Weird error
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 03:41:18 +0100	[thread overview]

On 1/4/07, David Arnold wrote:
> Mojca,
>
> Attached.

You've sent one line too few from your log:
[MP to PDF] (./junk-mpgraph.1)
color           : currentcolor (def) is not defined
[MP junk-mpgraph.2]
! Arithmetic overflow.

This implies too old ConTeXt anyway ("ctxtools --contextversion"), I'm
not sure about the metapost (I don't know how old metapost may be for
the latest ConTeXt to work).

> Meanwhile, I guess I should try to update my Context and see if that
> makes a difference. I found that I needed to update my installer and
> now I am realizing that I am a bit behind the times.

Not so much behind the time ... TeXLive hasn't been officially released yet.

> In trying Context Updater in the update i-installer, I get this message:
>
> "You are now installing in the location for de deprecated gwTeX
> 2003-2005 i-Package in part based on teTeX. This is probably not what
> you want. I suggest you make sure you have the gwTeX i-Package based
> on TeX Live installed. Then the best thing is to reset this i-Package
> to its default package properties. It will then pick up the new
> default location.
>
> Looks like it wants me to install the latest tex.
>
> Any advice?

Always update ConTeXt before reporting problems ;)

Now, as a punisment, you're invited to test TeXLive images ;)

----

If you have a broad internet connection and some time available,
"just" uninstall context, uninstall tex, install texlive and then
install context again. "ctxtools --update" might also work, but the
first way is suggested anyway.

Mojca