From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Some questions about context
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:45:26 +0100	[thread overview]

On 3/5/07, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> > > On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 13:43:51 +0100
> > Xan <DXpublica@telefonica.net> wrote:
> >
> >> 1) The first question is about landscape mode and xdvi. In latex, if we
> >> want landscape, we put:
> >>
> >> \documentclass[a4paper,10ptt,landscape]{article}
> >>
> >> but when we see .dvi in xdvi, xdvi does not detects automatically that
> >> it's in landscape mode.
> >>
> >> For that, we have to put:
> >>
> >> \usepackage[dvips,...]{geometry}
> >>
> >> now the xdvi show .dvi in landscape mode
> >>

> >> The question is, how we get the same in context?. If we put:
> >>
> >> \setuppapersize[A4,landscape][A4,landscape]
> >>
> >> the xdvi program does not detect that .dvi is in landscape mode. Is
> >> there an equivalent command of geometry that allow that?
> >
> > ConTeXt use PDF as default output format. A short test with the dvips
> > way show a rotated content but the page is not roatated, this seems to
> > be not suported
>
> I do not use dvi route, but the page should be rotated in the ps file.
> AFAIU, dvi has no option for specifying the page size or page
> orientation. The viewers that honor ps code for page orientation and
> size rely on the manner that latex puts in those commands in the dvi
> file. I do not know if ConTeXt follows that route or not.

Also note that dvi mode is not really supported any more. How old is
your ConTeXt/TeX distribution? (texexec --version or ctxtools
--contextversion)
New versions should give you pdf output by default.

Yes, dvi is indeed faster, but ...

> >> 9) Can you tell me some link about babel and hipernation?
> >>

> > You set the language for your document with the \mainlanguage[xx] and
> > the \language[xx] commands where "xx" stands for your language id as
> > "en" for english.
>
> Also \enableregime[utf] for utf input encoding (same as
> \usepackage[utf-8]{inputenc}).

or \enableregime[utf-8] ;)

Which language do you want to use?

Mojca