* ConTeXt release 2007.03.19
@ 2007-03-20 10:32 Taco Hoekwater
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2007-03-20 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce that the new ConTeXt release from Hans Hagen
can be downloaded as of now from the Pragma ADE website or one of its
mirrors.

     http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
     http://context.aanhet.net/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
     http://mirror.contextgarden.net/context/current/cont-tmf.zip

The current release has version 2007.03.19

As usual, there is an html page with more detailed release notes
available on the Wiki, see:

     http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Release_Notes

Highlights:
* Aditya's 'mathsets' modules in included in cont-ext.zip
* The use of \setuphead[][numberwidth=...]
* Named font styles can now also be 'sans' or 'sansbold'
* The old marvosym metric file is included, fixing the 'MarvoSym'
   symbols and '\texteuro' bugs
* Quoting of font files is changed so that hopefully XeTeX
   bare fontfiles are OK now.
* For some other small changes, see the wiki page

Happy TeXing,

Taco Hoekwater

* Re: ConTeXt release 2007.03.19
@ 2007-03-20 12:02 ` Jelle Huisman
From: Jelle Huisman @ 2007-03-20 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Op 20-mrt-2007, om 11:32 heeft Taco Hoekwater het volgende geschreven:

> Hi all,
>
> I am pleased to announce that the new ConTeXt release from Hans Hagen
> can be downloaded as of now from the Pragma ADE website or one of its
> mirrors.

Hello,

I try to update ConTeXt using "ctxtools --updatecontext" but CtxTools
is "unable to fetch cont-tmf.zip" (even though I was able to download
that file from the Pargma website.) Is my Ctxtools broken? or is
there an alternative way to update ConTeXt (I use the MacTex
distribution)?

Thanks,

Jelle

* Re: ConTeXt release 2007.03.19
@ 2007-03-20 12:46   ` Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2007-03-20 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jelle,

do you have to use a Proxy?

In my ctxtools.rb i changed the line:
http = Net::HTTP.new(site)
to:
proxy_addr = 'my.proxy.de'
proxy_port = 80
http = Net::HTTP::Proxy(proxy_addr, proxy_port).new(site)

After that an update via ctxtools was possible.
The bad thing is, that i have to change it everytime before an update :-)

Since ruby treats tha call to Net::HTTP::Proxy(proxy_addr,
proxy_port).new(site)
without giving proxy_addr and proxy_port the same way as Net::HTTP.new
(site),
perhaps Hans can change ctxtools.rb in this way.

I would like to have a command line like:
ctxtools --updatecontext --proxy:my.proxy.de --proxyport:80

Greetings

Lutz

@ 2007-03-20 13:09     ` Jelle Huisman
From: Jelle Huisman @ 2007-03-20 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Op 20-mrt-2007, om 13:46 heeft Lutz Haseloff het volgende geschreven:

> Hi Jelle,
>
> do you have to use a Proxy?

Hello Lutz,

No, as far as I know I don't use a Proxy. But I will try again when I
am at home (other network, other provider...)

Greetings,

Jelle

* Re: ConTeXt release 2007.03.19
@ 2007-03-20 13:23 ` Jelle Huisman
From: Jelle Huisman @ 2007-03-20 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Op 20-mrt-2007, om 11:32 heeft Taco Hoekwater het volgende geschreven:

> Hi all,
>
> I am pleased to announce that the new ConTeXt release from Hans Hagen
> can be downloaded as of now from the Pragma ADE website or one of its
> mirrors.

Hello,

I have another question about installing updates. I have downloaded
the zip-file from the Pragma-website. Is there a way I can tell
ctxtools that the file is already on my computer? or do I have to use
another program to install the update? (I just hope that I don't have
to figure out where to put these files by hand ;-))

Greetings

Jelle

* Re: ConTeXt release 2007.03.19
@ 2007-03-20 14:02   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2007-03-20 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 20, 2007, at 2:23 PM, Jelle Huisman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have another question about installing updates. I have downloaded
> the zip-file from the Pragma-website. Is there a way I can tell
> ctxtools that the file is already on my computer? or do I have to use
> another program to install the update? (I just hope that I don't have
> to figure out where to put these files by hand ;-))
>
> Greetings
>
> Jelle

I must admit that I always do this manually, I never use ctxtools. If
you've already dlded the file, just unzip it. From the command line:

kpsewhich -expand-path='$TEXMFLOCAL'

will tell you the location of your local tree. cd to this tree, then
just unzip the cont-tmf.zip (probably using sudo, overwriting all
files that may already be there) and regenerate the formats, and you
should be in business.

Good luck

Thomas

* Re: ConTeXt release 2007.03.19
@ 2007-03-20 14:49     ` Jelle Huisman
From: Jelle Huisman @ 2007-03-20 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Op 20-mrt-2007, om 15:02 heeft Thomas A. Schmitz het volgende
geschreven:

> I must admit that I always do this manually, I never use ctxtools. If
> you've already dlded the file, just unzip it. From the command line:

Of course I can do it manually, but since there is a tool for it, why
not use it?

Greetings,

Jelle

* Re: ConTeXt release 2007.03.19
@ 2007-03-20 15:11   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-03-20 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jelle Huisman wrote:
> Op 20-mrt-2007, om 11:32 heeft Taco Hoekwater het volgende geschreven:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am pleased to announce that the new ConTeXt release from Hans Hagen
>> can be downloaded as of now from the Pragma ADE website or one of its
>> mirrors.
>>

> Hello,
>
> I have another question about installing updates. I have downloaded
> the zip-file from the Pragma-website. Is there a way I can tell
> ctxtools that the file is already on my computer? or do I have to use
> another program to install the update? (I just hope that I don't have
> to figure out where to put these files by hand ;-))

unzip the file in texmf-local (or wherever you want) and run texexec --make --all

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2007-03-22 11:58 ` Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2007-03-22 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm afraid there still seems to be a problem with the XeTeX
engine ... try to compile the following (I guess you can choose
whichever OpenType font you have on your machine):

---

\definetypeface[Caslon][rm][Xserif][Adobe Caslon Pro]
\setupbodyfont[Caslon,12pt]

\starttext
\input tufte
\stoptext

---

My machine spills out the following messages:

---

! Font \*Caslon12ptrmtfrm*:='"mapping=tex-text at 12.0pt"' not
loadable: instal
led font not found.
<to be read again>
                    \relax
\xxdododefinefont ...tspec {#4}\newfontidentifier
                                                   \let
\localrelativefontsiz...

\fontstrategy ...me \fontclass #2#3#4#5\endcsname
                                                   \tryingfontfalse \fi
<inserted text> ...yle \fontalternative \fontsize

---

The same file used to compile with the January release of ConTeXt
(2007.01.12) ... perhaps something has changed in the way how one has
to specify the desired OpenType font?

Oliver

@ 2007-03-22 15:11   ` Jelle Huisman
From: Jelle Huisman @ 2007-03-22 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'm afraid there still seems to be a problem with the XeTeX
> engine ... try to compile the following (I guess you can choose
> whichever OpenType font you have on your machine):

[snip]

> The same file used to compile with the January release of ConTeXt
> (2007.01.12) ... perhaps something has changed in the way how one has
> to specify the desired OpenType font?

Same problem and same question here. Remaking format files doesn't
solve the problem. :-(

Jelle

* Re: ConTeXt release 2007.03.19
@ 2007-03-22 17:12   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-03-22 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oliver Buerschaper wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm afraid there still seems to be a problem with the XeTeX
> engine ... try to compile the following (I guess you can choose
> whichever OpenType font you have on your machine):
>
> ---
>
> \definetypeface[Caslon][rm][Xserif][Adobe Caslon Pro]
> \setupbodyfont[Caslon,12pt]
>
> \starttext
> \input tufte
> \stoptext
>
> ---
>
> My machine spills out the following messages:

hm, hard to test here, how is Xserif and Adobe Caslon Pro Defined ... it looks like no filename comes through

(maybe this weekend i can sit down with someone at the context conf to see what happens; i currently have no working mac)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2007-03-22 17:59     ` Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2007-03-22 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

> hm, hard to test here, how is Xserif and Adobe Caslon Pro
> Defined ... it looks like no filename comes through
>
> (maybe this weekend i can sit down with someone at the context conf
> to see what happens; i currently have no working mac)

Fine. That'll be me then ;-) I have a Mac and I'm attending the meeting.

See ya there,
Oliver

* Re: ConTeXt release 2007.03.19
@ 2007-03-23  1:44     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2007-03-23  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/22/07, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Oliver Buerschaper wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm afraid there still seems to be a problem with the XeTeX
> > engine ... try to compile the following (I guess you can choose
> > whichever OpenType font you have on your machine):
> >
> > ---
> >
> > \definetypeface[Caslon][rm][Xserif][Adobe Caslon Pro]
> > \setupbodyfont[Caslon,12pt]
> >
> > \starttext
> > \input tufte
> > \stoptext
> >
> > ---
> >
> > My machine spills out the following messages:
> >
> hm, hard to test here, how is Xserif and Adobe Caslon Pro Defined ... it looks like no filename comes through

The problem lies here:

\definefontsynonym[Dummy]          ['\typescripttwo:mapping=tex-text']
  [encoding=uc]
\definefontsynonym[DummyItalic]
['\typescripttwo/I:mapping=tex-text'] [encoding=uc]
\definefontsynonym[DummyBold]
['\typescripttwo/B:mapping=tex-text'] [encoding=uc]
\definefontsynonym[DummyBoldItalic]['\typescripttwo/BI:mapping=tex-text'][encoding=uc]

Some definitions have indeed been changed, but no keyword equivalent
for mapping has been introduced yet. (Adding file:, name:, ... broke
that functionality ...)

There is a workaround (quick fix) for this (at least it seems to work
here), but this is not a nice solution. You can add the following
definitions at the beginning of the document (or fix the corresponding
places; also for sans ad mono):

\starttypescriptcollection[xetex]

\starttypescript[Xserif][all][name]
\definefontsynonym[Dummy]          [name:\typescripttwo]    [encoding=uc]
\definefontsynonym[DummyItalic]    [name:\typescripttwo/I]  [encoding=uc]
\definefontsynonym[DummyBold]      [name:\typescripttwo/B]  [encoding=uc]
\definefontsynonym[DummyBoldItalic][name:\typescripttwo/BI] [encoding=uc]
\stoptypescript

\stoptypescriptcollection

\def\fontfilename#1{"#1:mapping=tex-text"}

But there is a meeting today anyway ...

Mojca