From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: \enableregime[cp1250] and missing upper Greek letters in math mode.
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 12:42:43 +0200	[thread overview]

On 10/3/07, context@fr.pl wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  Years ago I installed TeXLive with ConTeXt - it works fine until
>  I reinstalled my Windows and changed drive structures. So, I
>  wanted to refresh my installation with newest MikTeX.
>
>  After that I have a problem with polish fonts - in older version
>  I have used:
>  % --translate-file=cp1250pl
>  \setupbodyfont[plr,12pt]
>  \mainlanguage[pl]
>  \language[pl]
>
>  and it worked fine. But with current installation I have missing
>  polish characters (all) within these settings. After hours of
>  searching the web I have found setting:
>  \enableregime[cp1250]

I needed hours of searching to figure out that ugly trick with
"--translate-file=cp1250pl", but please, please: do not use it. Around
2005 support for
    \enableregime[cp1250]
has been added and that one is much more reliable.

(I would say: try to convince your editor to support utf-8 instead,
and write your source in utf-8 with \enableregime[utf-8], if that is
an option. UTF-8 is much more future-oriented.)

>  and it works. Almost. I have found that using with
>  \setupbodyfont[plr,12pt]
>  makes replacing of polish character ± -> ¼ (at least).

Why do you need plr?

Doesn't it work fine if you simply use
\setupbodyfont[12pt]

or, perhaps one needs

\usetypescript[modern][qx]
\setupbodyfont[modern,12pt]

for Polish. There should be no need to have plr. They will be removed
sooner or later anyway (or will map to existing encodings).

>  If I remove \setupbodyfont[plr,12pt] I have problem with
>  upper Greek letters in math mode - all are missing. With setting
>  above is fine (except this ±-¼ problem).

Which version of ConTeXt are you using? (Well, if you have MikTeX,
that should not be a problem.)

Here it seems to work fine, although I have problems seing your characters.

>  If any thread with the same problem? I could see similar posts
>  but I am not sure if root of the problem is the same - sometimes
>  proposed solution is quite complicated for not advanced user ;)
>  Maybe some polish user more familiar with ConTeXt had the same
>  problems and can help? ;)
>
>  PS. Of course I have made:
>  texexec --make en
>  texexec --make --language=pl --bodyfont=plr en
>  after installation

Simply use
   texexec --make --all
You don't need plr.

Can you send a minimal example if the problem persists?

Mojca