From: "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: LuaTeX on Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:24:44 +0200	[thread overview]

On 10/4/07, Otared Kavian wrote:

> So it seems that the procedures for installing LuaTeX are not yet
> thouroughly straightforward, and persons like Dalyoung and me have to
> wait a little bit...

I have never been stubborn enough in order to try to make luatex work
over the existing gwTeX, so I have been always using Hans's minimals
(you need to download justtex.zip and macosxtex.zip, unzip them and
run ". setuptex").

If you only want to play with luaTeX, here's something experimental
that you can test if you have rsync (no warranty that the structure
will remain the same):

    rsync -rvzctl rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/minimals/mac-ppc/ mytex
    cd mytex
    . setuptex
    mktexlsr
    luatools --generate
    texexec --lua --make --all
    texexec --make --all

and then you should be able to compile your document with
    texexec --lua something
(as long as you stay in the same terminal)

Mojca