On 11/5/07, Dalyoung Jeong wrote: > Dear Mojca, > > Thank you for the reply. As you did, I send my problem to the list. I > think that I am a problem maker. > > I wonder why the output of XeTeX+ConTeXt was changed after the upgrade > to Leopard. > I didn't change anything in TeX system. I just upgraded the OSX. > But nicely working XeTeX+ConTeXt had a problem with the korean > commercial fonts.(no korean letters were appeared.) > > I installed TeXlive using i-installer(gwTeX) with Mac OSX Leopard, > Latest stable ConTeXt, XeTeX 0.996 > > I made a short test file and a typescript file for the test. > I have tested in several ways. > 4. I used typescript file "type-xkor2.tex" > > No error message. English letters are OK. > But korean letters(except the manually defined korean font) and the > greek capitals are appeared as blanks. I cannot test on Leopard, but I can comment about problems I experience on Tiger: 1.) Capital Greek letters: \starttypescript[myface] \definetypeface[Myface][rm][serif][testrm][default] % you definitely need this line, really: % note the word "modern" in the last bracket!!! % (I had quite some problems at this point as well) \definetypeface [Myface][mm][math][modern][modern] \stoptypescript 2.) You have typos in your typescript file: \starttypescript[serif][tesetrm][name] should be "testrm", not "tesetrm" 3.) This only applies to the *latest stable version* (please upgrade to 29.09.2007!) of ConTeXt: you should rewrite your typescript definitions to: \starttypescript[serif][testrm] % Regular variant: \definefontsynonym[MyungjoRegular][file:smGothicR W35][features=default] \definefontsynonym[MyungjoLight][file:smHangSer Medium] \definefontsynonym[MyungjoBold][file:smJohabP Medium] \stoptypescript [features=default] at the end is kind-of-optional (I'm not sure about which features should be applied to Korean fonts, that's why I'm not sure if "features=default" is OK or not, but you should eiter apply it to all font instances or to none of them). 3.a) the prefix "file:" is not needed. I have placed the font files in the same folder where the tex file is. Actually, if you have your font installed, you might need to use other names. If you're referring to a font in file, you can provide a "file:" prefix and need to suppy file name. If you're referring to an installed font, you need to provide the font name (which might be different from file name - I didn't check the font name of the fonts you provided), and you might provide "name:" prefix (optional, but more efficient). 3.b) There seems to be a bug in ConTeXt (if you don't provide "file:" prefix, ConTeXt puts spurious "FontName at 9pt" over all the place). But I will report that problem to Hans separately. > I think that Leopard has a problem with xdvipdfmx. It is just my guess. Can you try to use the latest ConTeXt (install ConTeXt updater package in gwTeX) and the attached typescript file? (Your file doesn't work on Tiger without modifications either.) Can you try to compile your plain XeTeX files with xetex -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -E -d 4 -V 5" filename.tex That way it will be easier to test if the problem lies in xdvipdfmx than if you try to convince ConTeXt to use the xdv2pdf driver. Mojca > I attached test file and a typescript file. I used some commercial > fonts but they are freely distributed as demo at the following site: "www.softmagic.co.kr > " After connecting it, you can see "otf sm font" in the third > rectangle at the right side of the frame. You can download 5 fonts. I > used three of them in the typescript file and one of them in the test > file.