* Re: how to change 'figure 1.1' to '?? 1.1'
@ 2007-12-07  8:26 Dalyoung Jeong
From: Dalyoung Jeong @ 2007-12-07  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Mojca and Wolfgang,

Thank you for the comments on lang-kor.tex.

> I didn't test, but I would say: forget the dirty hacks and simply
> write
> \setuplabeltext [\s!ko]       [\v!figure=??]
> It might not work in pdfTeX, but for XeTeX and LuaTeX it should do
> the job. Once you do those changes, feel free to ask again if you
> have problems (and don't forget to ask Hans to include the
> translations).

I modify the files following your advice.
It removes the middle variable "\koencoding" and make the file
simpler. And I don't need to use "\koencoding{\enableencoding[cjk-
uni]}".  It worked fine, also. But I'd like to use \setuphead for
chapter, section, etc because our writing style of head is different
from that of english.

I uploaded it in KTUG board to be checked by them, since it may be
need more corrections.

Thank you again.

By the way, do you completely resolve the "lmtypewriter10-regular"
problem? which was discussed before in the list?

Yesterday, after I reinstalled TeXlive and updated ConTeXt, I got
"kpathsea: Running mktextfm lmtypewriter10-regular " message. As a
temporary method,  I renamed mktextfm.
I confirmed that such font file is in texlive opentype font folder
and lm*.map files in map/dvipdfm folder.

Is there anything that I have to do more? I couldn't see the solution
in the list.

Thank you for reading.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: how to change 'figure 1.1' to '?? 1.1'
@ 2007-12-07 15:51 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2007-12-07 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Dec 7, 2007 9:26 AM, Dalyoung Jeong wrote:
> Dear Mojca and Wolfgang,
>
> Thank you for the comments on lang-kor.tex.
>

> I didn't test, but I would say: forget the dirty hacks and simply write
> \setuplabeltext [\s!ko]       [\v!figure=??]
> It might not work in pdfTeX, but for XeTeX and LuaTeX it should do the job.
> Once you do those changes, feel free to ask again if you have problems (and
> don't forget to ask Hans to include the translations).
>
> I modify the files following your advice.
> It removes the middle variable "\koencoding" and make the file simpler. And
> I don't need to use "\koencoding{\enableencoding[cjk-uni]}".  It worked
> fine, also.

Nice to hear.

> But I'd like to use \setuphead for chapter, section, etc because
> our writing style of head is different from that of english.

Was that a question? What exactly would you like to achieve?

> I uploaded it in KTUG board to be checked by them, since it may be need more
> corrections.

Thans for the effort.

> By the way, do you completely resolve the "lmtypewriter10-regular" problem?
> which was discussed before in the list?

No. Perhaps \nullfont hnstead of lmtypewriter10-regular would help ... :)
I have no idea when the default font is triggered at all.

> Yesterday, after I reinstalled TeXlive and updated ConTeXt, I got "kpathsea:
> Running mktextfm lmtypewriter10-regular " message. As a temporary method,  I
> renamed mktextfm.

Just change
    MKTEXTFM = 0
in texmf.cnf

> I confirmed that such font file is in texlive opentype font folder  and
> lm*.map files in map/dvipdfm folder.

It's a weird situation. ConTeXt checks if tfm file is present first,
then, if a font with that name exists, and finally if an otf file
exists. So two failures are needed before the "dummy" useless font has
been found. That should be fixed, but ...

However, this still only affects the speed (slows it down), not the
functionality itself.

> Is there anything that I have to do more? I couldn't see the solution in the
> list.

To achive what?

Mojca

* Re: how to change 'figure 1.1' to '?? 1.1'
@ 2007-12-11  9:33   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-12-11  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/12/11, Dalyoung Jeong <haksan@mac.com>:
> I am sorry that there is a mistake in the previous mail that I sent.
>
> On Dec 11, 2007, at 9:51 AM, Jeong Dalyoung wrote:
> > methods give me more choices.
> > Then the \completecontent and \completeindex follows the above setup
> > of chapters.
> >
> > My question was how to make the head title setup of contents and of
> > indices free from the chapter setup?
> >
> > Now, I find that  the prefix{"(a character) (chapter no) (a
> > character)"} can be suppressed using "prefix=no" parameter in
> > \setupcombinedlist for contents and indices.
>
> I may do a wrong test for this.
> Without the "prefix=no", \comletecontent has no prefix. But
> \completeindex has chapter no and it is not suppressed even the
> commnad \setuplist[index][prefix=no].
>
> I am sorry to list wrong result.
>
> Thank you for reading,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dalyoung

Hi,

the difference between completecontent and completeregister is,
that the first use \title to place the header and the second use \chapter
to place the title and produce therefore a heading number.

You can now use ConTeXt's document structure and place completecontent
between \start/\stopbackmatter or you can use \title in combination
\placeindex, this produce a index without a header.

Wolfgang

* Re: how to change 'figure 1.1' to '?? 1.1'
@ 2007-12-11  8:36 ` Dalyoung Jeong
From: Dalyoung Jeong @ 2007-12-11  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2007-12-11  0:51 Jeong Dalyoung
From: Jeong Dalyoung @ 2007-12-11  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Mojca and Wolfgang,

I am sorry to give you a unclear question.

We usually write the chapter title
				"(a character) (chapter no) (a character)
(chapter title)"
and I know how to set chapter title as above form using setuplabel or
setuphead. Your methods give me more choices.
Then the \completecontent and \completeindex follows the above setup
of chapters.

My question was how to make the head title setup of contents and of
indices free from the chapter setup?

Now, I find that  the prefix{"(a character) (chapter no) (a
character)"} can be suppressed using "prefix=no" parameter in
\setupcombinedlist for contents and indices.
It seems to me that we may define a new format for contents and
indices by using "command" in \setupcombinedlist. I'll test it soon.
If there is a sample file for this, please let me know.

It is really hard for me to follow ConTeXt's power.

Thank you for the replies.

Best regards,

Dalyoung